Maintainance Cost

well i just go tmy GX serviced for its 30k check up. they are charging me 1500 bucks. i am getting one of those protective layers to prevent my car from getting chipped paint. i am sick and tired of paying extra money to get rod of the paint. out of all the cars i have owned this is the only car that get so much chipped paint. out of 1.5k, 1k was from renewing paint. could you guys please shed some light on me

well i just go tmy GX serviced for its 30k check up. they are charging me 1500 bucks. i am getting one of those protective layers to prevent my car from getting chipped paint. i am sick and tired of paying extra money to get rod of the paint. out of all the cars i have owned this is the only car that get so much chipped paint. out of 1.5k, 1k was from renewing paint. could you guys please shed some light on me

I only have 8,000 miles on mine, so I can't help much with service costs, since all I have had is oil changes. What is that protective paint thing though? I hope you didn't pay 1,000 bucks for basically a nice wax job.

I only have 8,000 miles on mine, so I can't help much with service costs, since all I have had is oil changes. What is that protective paint thing though? I hope you didn't pay 1,000 bucks for basically a nice wax job.

I only have 4000 miles on so I can't help you either ..only oil changes here they were given free (4 oil changes ) .. I've heard abput the propective painting .. no I know has had any problems yet ..

India,

Sorry to hear about your pains with the chipped paint. I picked up my Blizzard Pearl end of March 2005. I immediately ordered and had the armor glove installed on my car:

http://www.armorglove.com/

It works great, it's already saved me for at least TWO chips I know about... How? Because Armor Glove is a protective film that wraps around the car's front BUMPER, HOOD, Side Mirrors, door edges and REAR bumper. If you EVER collected comic books or knows someone who has and you've seen the clear protective BAGS that protect the comics you'll have an idea of what Armor Glove is all about.

Evidence: After a one hour trip from Long Island to Queens and back, I parked my car in my driveway and noticed a LOT of bugs all over my car, but they were all on the Armor Glove it self an NOT the paint!!!!! Nice, but what was really IMPRESSIVE was two "insects" turned out NOT to be bugs but small ROCKS and they were IMBEDDED into the Armor glove... After carefully plucking out the two small rocks/pebbles, the Armor glove, was resillient enough to take back it's original shape/form and there were no dents on the film and DEFINATELY not a scratch on the PAINT underneath!!!!

PS. When you call and speak to Jack or Joe be sure to tell them that Alex from Long Island sent you and I'm sure, he'll hook you up with a great price!!! :)

Good luck!