I Got One!

I decided on the ES300 and finally bought one this week after a lot of research.

2002 Lexus ES300

Color: Garnet (Dark Red) - Nice and unique

Interior: Tan Leather

30,300 miles

Has Navigation (which I already love)

HID Headlamps

Rain Sensor for wipers

Pic (from dealer) attached

This is the first Lexus that I've owned (although I did own a 97 Toyota Camry once upon a time). The only thing it's missing is the CD changer (only has single disc) and I would like a wood steering wheel too.

Anyone know where to get a good price on a wood steering wheel? I couldn't find one on eBay.

post-18036-1117154613_thumb.jpg

I love the wood steering wheels too. Do you need a wood shift knob too? That package usually comes together. Sorry i don't know where you can get the wheel though.

Good luck with your es300! I love that color.

Congrats! Nice choice in colors ;)

As for the CD changer, it should have a 6 disc in the lower armrest compartment. If it does not then it was removed and the dealer should pay to replace it.

Interesting that the car has the nav and HID but no wood wheel. The previous owner may have requested it be leather.

As for the CD changer, it should have a 6 disc in the lower armrest compartment. If it does not then it was removed and the dealer should pay to replace it.

Interesting that the car has the nav and HID but no wood wheel. The previous owner may have requested it be leather.

I agree. i thought this was all a big package.

I agree. i thought this was all a big package.

I have the original window sticker and it says Single-Disc (which I'm fine with I guess). It also has the Navigation on the sticker (as an add-on).

I agree that it is a strange combo! I would like the wood shifter too, but either way, I'm very please this this car!!!

Thanks for all of the replys! let me know if anyone knows where to get the wood wheel and shifter. Thanks!

If you have a back up car, you can ship your steering wheel to American Stitches, and they can retrofit your steering wheel with genuine wood trim. If you are interested, do a search in the ES forum to find comments on their work (generally people approve) and a link to there website (sorry I don't rememeber it off the top of my head). Plan B, you can go to an auto wrecking yard and find an ES with the wood and leather steering wheel and shift knob.

Congrats on your purchase and you choose a fine color. :cheers: