A/c

RFeldes

Just ordered the parts for my A/C from Pace Tampa. I am putting in new A/C in my home and the installer has a leak detector. So we utilized it on the Lexus. We found the leak at the compressor. (Seals) Plus obvious oil on the outside, and I decided to order the parts. 98 Degrees here today. :blushing: I know, I could rebuild the seals, but in my case the green light, blinking at times, was indicative of piston failure inside the compressor.So to satisfy their warranty and my peace of mind I ordered the compressor, condensor and drier. It seems all the damage ends up in the condensor and if you don't change it, in a few months you are at ground zero again. Is the condensor an easy change? The drier is behind the passenger headlight and I already queried you guys about the compressor. Thanks for your input. Just need a little advice on the condensor. Anyways, I should receive it all next week. Total cost for all was $550.00 plus shipping. Oh, and the A/C guy has a vacuum pump so we will pull a vacuum.

Changing the condenser quite a bit of work, you have to pull the complete front bumper off the car to do it. Lots of fasteners and a couple of bolts/nuts in the fenders make it a fairly difficult job. Did Pace convince you to put a filter in the suction line? I replaced all that stuff from Pace two years ago and I put one of their filters in the suction line. That filter picked up a lot of crud that was trying to circulate through the system and apparently that metallic crud that comes from the compressor while it's failing is the biggest cause for secondary failures of the compressor. The folks at Pace are good people and they have very reasonable prices. Make sure you put enough oil in the compressor or better yet, maybe they will have it full of oil when they send it to you. Good luck.

Thanks obergc,

Sounds like time to call in the guy with the "impact". Sometimes you have to know your limits and I am in the middle of a complete home renovation. Love that car, or would not go on.

I have the same thing on my summer to-do list. Pace sound pretty reasonable compared to other places I've checked and I have heard good comments about them from others on board. I need a leak detector. My next door neighbor had one and lent it to someone and it never came back. How much are those detectors?