Laser Cruise Control On 400h?

Hi,

I have a deposit in on a 400h with Mark Levinson, looking forward to it.

I noticed that the RX330 is listed with the Laser Cruise Control, but it is not mentioned in the Web site specifications for the 400h. Is that correct? Is there some problem using the laser cruise control on the hybrid powertrain?

Thanks

The RX400h does not offer this feature. My guess is that it has something to do with the CVT transmission. Then again, it could be that some other compatibility issue has not yet been resolved.

The rx400h manual does mention laser cruise control, so I think the 400h does support it as an option. But the batches of 400's arriving apparently have not been built with that configuration.

they do mention it but do not offer it. They are switching from laser cruise to radar guided cruise on the new systems. The laser does not work in bad weather conditons. Not that they reccomend using it during those situations anyway

they do mention it but do not offer it. They are switching from laser cruise to radar guided cruise on the new systems. The laser does not work in bad weather conditons. Not that they reccomend using it during those situations anyway

I've never owned a Lexus before, but I have heard good things about their customer service and I've owned several other Toyota products (loved them all).

My question is, given the thoughtful engineering that goes into these vehicles, does anyone think (or know) if the new Radar crusie control could be hooked up to the existing 400h harness as a retrofit?

I would like to buy one now and be assured that I coudl get the upgrade later rather than waiting for the 2008 models to show up.

• 1 month later...
The RX400h does not offer this feature. My guess is that it has something to do with the CVT transmission. Then again, it could be that some other compatibility issue has not yet been resolved.

Starting on page 421 of the owner's manual, "Dynamic Laser Cruise Control" gets about 16 pages of explanation! I can't imagine why it would discuss it if "The RX400h does not offer this feature."??

I suspect this feature is offered but maybe not in early ship models. I didn't get to request my features. I thought it was pretty loaded though (less Mark Levinson, etc).

I've never owned a Lexus before, but I have heard good things about their customer service and I've owned several other Toyota products (loved them all).

My question is, given the thoughtful engineering that goes into these vehicles, does anyone think (or know) if the new Radar crusie control could be hooked up to the existing 400h harness as a retrofit?

I would like to buy one now and be assured that I coudl get the upgrade later rather than waiting for the 2008 models to show up.

Only speculating of course, but since the vehile seems to be scared for the laser cruise (meaning there are mouting flanges and electrical harnesses already in the vehicle) it should be a small matter to install the sensor (be it radar or lazer ... "lazer" ... sorry, I digress) and hook up the wires to the existing harness.

I would want one.

• 2 months later...

Just curious, do either of these systems trip the radar/ laser detectors ("fuzzbusters") in the cars in front of them? That would suck, you set the laser cruise to follow the vehicle in front, then the slam the brakes because they think they hit a speed trap!

Nate

Just curious, do either of these systems trip the radar/ laser detectors ("fuzzbusters") in the cars in front of them?  That would suck, you set the laser cruise to follow the vehicle in front, then the slam the brakes because they think they hit a speed trap!

Nate

I would hope that they use a frequency that is not within the typical police radar bandwidth. Otherwise, the Lexus radar would could as a jammer to the police units. Ditto for laser transmitters.