Alternative Audio Inputs

tshrtkng

I was wondering if anyone knows about other options for inputting mp3 or other audio.

I saw the one for The Vais technology unit for the Apple Ipod someone listed at http://www.emba42.com/lexus/,

but I want to us my IPAQ or other mp3 type device. I would like to have a unit that will accept a headphone type jack rather than a proprietory plug for a single unit.

Any ideas???

Go back to the Vais website and look carefully at all the adaptors they offer. They make an AC-100 which is just and audio interface. The module allows you to hook up two seperate audio sources. The module has 2 sets of RCA inputs. I got one recently and I use one set for my MP3 player (I got an adapter that goes from headphone jack to RCA) and the other set I use for my DVD player for audio only. You switch between sources from your steering wheel and its a direct connection to the radio so you don't get any audio noise, loss or interferance. Sounds and works great! Heres the link to the website http://www.vaistech.com/aic100.html

Good luck

Go back to the Vais website and look carefully at all the adaptors they offer.  They make an AC-100 which is just and audio interface.  The module allows you to hook up two seperate audio sources.  The module has 2 sets of RCA inputs.  I got one recently and I use one set for my MP3 player (I got an adapter that goes from headphone jack to RCA) and the other set I use for my DVD player for audio only.  You switch between sources from your steering wheel and its a direct connection to the radio so you don't get any audio noise, loss or interferance.  Sounds and works great!  Heres the link to the website http://www.vaistech.com/aic100.html

Good luck

ok well i have an alternate solution, a much cheaper solution, go to fry's and u can by something that will plug into your ac adapter. then u can plug your mp3 player, usb flash drive, or cd player into there. it will transmit it to the radio at a certain station and you can listen to it from there. it ranges from $20 to $30. now u will sacrifice some soud quality but its worth it.

it will transmit it to the radio at a certain station and you can listen to it from there. it ranges from $20 to $30. now u will sacrifice some soud quality but its worth it.

This is the point. I do not think tshrtkng wanted to sacrifice sound quality which is why he was looking for a direct connection instead of a cassette adapter or an FM unit.