Flasing Green Indicator Light A/c

jadsc300

Hi all:

I have a 1999 SC300 the only problem it has is that a green indicator light starts flashing on the A/C button. This only occurs when the A/C is turned off and after about 10 or 15 minutes. When it starts to flash - I press the "off" button and it stops but then starts again after another 15 minutes or so. The A/C runs fine and doesnt flash when its on - only when its off. I ran the self diagn. test and it gave me the "00" meaning normal. I've done some research but im clueless. Any suggestions before i get a big bill from the dealership?? PLEASE!!!

yea but the green flashing light wont stop!! It's annoying!!

My 98 ES does that when I use the AC and then park on hot days. Per my book this is normal. It does stop when I start moving if not, it blinks till the engine temps goes down.

I would look in the book for something.

cool thanx - mine will just keep blinking till I hit the "off" button and it only blinks when the A/C is turned off it never blinks when i have the A/C on - the book said to take it to the dealership (figure$) :wacko:

only on the powertrain - i don't suppose that helps much - I'm thinking about taking it to the dealership just to find out what it is - I'm buying new tires and brakes this week so I'l b broke!!!! :(

only on the powertrain - i don't suppose that helps much - I'm thinking about taking it to the dealership just to find out what it is - I'm buying new tires and brakes this week so I'l b broke!!!! :(

In my owners manual, it says if the light is flashing, something is wrong with the compressor.

What is the exact tire size you need & what tires are your considering? Perhaps I can assist with suggestions. B)

:cheers:

In my owners manual, it says if the light is flashing, something is wrong with the compressor.

I agree if it blinks all the time. If it blinks then shuts off, then it is fine. I know why mine blinks when there is no freon traveling to cool it, it is too hot. It does this after stopping the engine in hot weather. Then once I restart (ie 10 minutes later it blinks till the compressor has time to move the freon.

• 2 weeks later...
My light never stops blinking untill I hit the "off" button - Is it possible I just need a recharge?

You might want to get it recharged at an AC shop for $50-$100 to see if that solves the problem, if not then bring it to the dealer.