Leather Seats

MingF

I recently washed my RX...and decided to vacuum the carpet area in the back seats. That's when I noticed the leather on the back seat behind the driver had pretty big cracks in the leather. It's circular and looks like a spider web. I found this odd..cuz no one sits in the back seat..and there is nothing in the back that would of poked the leather or cut it. What can i do to prevent it from cracking more. I'm just worried that it will get worst or if someone was to sit back there...it would rip the leather more. Any suggestions?

I recently washed my RX...and decided to vacuum the carpet area in the back seats. That's when I noticed the leather on the back seat behind the driver had pretty big cracks in the leather.  It's circular and looks like a spider web. I found this odd..cuz no one sits in the back seat..and there is nothing in the back that would of poked the leather or cut it.  What can i do to prevent it from cracking more.  I'm just worried that it will get worst or if someone was to sit back there...it would rip the leather more.  Any suggestions?

Did someone spill something on that seat before or use chemicals to clean it?

I recently washed my RX...and decided to vacuum the carpet area in the back seats. That's when I noticed the leather on the back seat behind the driver had pretty big cracks in the leather.  It's circular and looks like a spider web. I found this odd..cuz no one sits in the back seat..and there is nothing in the back that would of poked the leather or cut it.  What can i do to prevent it from cracking more.  I'm just worried that it will get worst or if someone was to sit back there...it would rip the leather more.  Any suggestions?

Did someone spill something on that seat before or use chemicals to clean it?

No one spilled chemicals on it. I've used leather conditioners...but still it doesn't seem to help that much. How often do people usually apply the leather conditioners anyways? Every month?

I use Zaino "Leather in a bottle" every 2-3 months and keep my car covered during the day while it is at work. I have heard (from a coworker) that "Connolly Hide Care" leather conditioner actually softens the leather to prevent cracking, but I have not tried it yet.

All-in-all, ultraviolet rays are leather's worst enemy. Keep your vehicle out of the sun when possible.