How To Fix Water Going Inside The Front Air Vent?

hey, I found out how the watter is getting inside the car, its going through the air vent in front (pass side) when you remove the plastic cover near the wiper blades, there is this hole made for air to come in,

what i m wondering is , what should it look like? should there be something else there other then metal vase like opening? because when i spray water onto the plastic, the water goes right inside the went and comes out through the heater fan down to the floor, making a huge pool of water

if some one knows what else should be there to prevent water from enterring the air vent, let me know ( maybe some one has manual etc that has the parts listed, i think one of mine is missing )

thank you

I dont understand, am i not being clear or something, I HAD IT OPEN, and NO ITS NOT THE WINDOW, window goes over it, there is no way it can leak there, it goes right through the air vent, I know this because i put bag ove the vent, and put water, and whala bag filled up with water, so I want to know if there is something missing that mounts right on the vent scoop,

thanx