Brake Light, Oil Light, Radiator Light Coming On.

calean007

Just recently on my wife's 1992 LS 400, these lights come on for a second and then after a minute or so, go away.  Got any clues?

None of these lights should be coming on unless they are running thin or empty. How thin are your pads, and have you checked out your oil level?

Just recently on my wife's 1992 LS 400, these lights come on for a second and then after a minute or so, go away.  Got any clues?

O.k. I'll try and get that done this weekend...I think it's this article you are referring to right?

link

your altenator bushings are going bad

I don't know about that. I just had a shop replace the alternator about 6 months ago...

Yes, it is possible that the culprit is the alternator, even with your replaced bushings. Do you have any (possibly hidden) power steering leaks onto the alternator? Take it to Autozone and have them test the charging system for free. That will at least eliminate this potential culprit. That's exactly how mine went out, had a bunch of display lights for awhile and then they eventually went dim and that was the end of the alternator.