Aaarrrggghhhh!

branshew

I parked my car in the parking lot at the Home Depot to run in to pick up a piece of wood for a table saw jig that I am building. I parked in the middle of the row in a space where there were no cars directly on either side of me. There was a small Honda civic on my left and an old beat up Chevy truck (probably belonging to a contractor) on the other side.

When I came back to the car I noticed that the Chevy was gone and there was a nice little dent in my body panel right around the gas cap area (just to the rear). It looks like someone pushed a cart into it, but the funny thing is that there is no scratch so it must have been a piece of wood that actually made the contact - maybe a 4x4 post given the size of the dent. There is no paint damage and the dent isn't deep, but you can definitely notice it. The worst part is that I don't think that it is something that the dent doctor will be able to take care of.

Man does that suck! I wish people would just fess up and take responsibility when they do something like that. Looks like my Karma wheel hit a rut.

Damn bro yeah I know what you mean. Most people dont appreciate nice cars so they just swing their doors left and right. The thing is if there is a dent that's not really deep you can take care of it. Your looking at 50 bucks here ;)

I have parking spots on my college campus, so I just take up 2 spots to take care of that problem. :)

MY guess is that it wasn't intentional. I have beed to the Depot before and seen people with long boards on carts. When they come around they can easily hit something. I park at the way far end.

Sorry to hear about your car. A PDR could probably take it out for a decent price. Picking a parking spot is always a tough decision for me. lol Taking two spots is a recipe for disaster: you risk someone wedging their car in or pi$$ing someone off--they key your car.

I like to park as far from the door as possible and avoid parking next to trucks(see topic of post), coupes(long doors), SUVs(soccer moms w/ kids), and vans(see suvs). Usually, I'll find another luxury car or rice rocket/pimp mobile to park next to since the owners typicaly take good care of their cars. Also, at universitys, park as far away from the entrance as possible. Stupid college kids passing by will do anything for laughs like keying a luxury car. I've already been keyed once at school-I learned the hard way on where to park. :angry:

Yeah I actually took 2 spots 2-3 times and I saw no cars near me because they couldn't even figure out what to do. :lol:

You guys right, someone might get *BLEEP*ed, but then again its a lexus who would dear to touch my baby. :D