Tail Light Out Light

Are you using any LED bulbs? Are all your bulbs OEM? What year is your GS3? <_<

As far as I know they are all oem. It is a 2000 gs 3 and I've had it for roughly about 2 weeks.

Could just be one on it's way out. i believe it like most other uses a resistance measurement to turn on the light. So if a bulb has a high resistance it can trigger the dash light.

As far as I know they are all oem. It is a 2000 gs 3 and I've had it for roughly about 2 weeks.

Could just be one on it's way out. i believe it like most other uses a resistance measurement to turn on the light. So if a bulb has a high resistance it can trigger the dash light.

cool thanks!!!

cool thanks!!!

I had this problem nonstop from my previous camry... course the subwoofer didn't help any :chairshot:

It was actually a grounding problem with the bulb wire. Easy enough to fix... Little screwdriver or steel wool to scrub up the contacts.

I had that exact same problem on my 1990 LS400. The tail lamp indicator was illuminated on the dashboard. I checked each tail light bulb with a multi-meter. All were fine. I cleaned all the contacts. Still the tail light wouldn't go on. I then noticed that one of the wires going to the light fixture had a connector that was screwed into the plastic base of the lamp holder. There was a second wire and connector leading from that screw to the bulb. After spending an hour trying all kinds of things, I took out the screw and analyzed the two connectors -- and found out that there was a slight amount of corrosion between them. I cleaned the two wire connectors with emory paper, put some lithium grease on them to prevent new corrosion - and the light worked perfectly.

I had that exact same problem on my 1990 LS400.  The tail lamp indicator was illuminated on the dashboard.  I checked each tail light bulb with a multi-meter.  All were fine.  I cleaned all the contacts.  Still the tail light wouldn't go on.  I then noticed that one of the wires going to the light fixture had a connector that was screwed into the plastic base of the lamp holder.  There was a second wire and connector leading from that screw to the bulb.  After spending an hour trying all kinds of things, I took out the screw and analyzed the two connectors -- and found out that there was a slight amount of corrosion between them.  I cleaned the two wire connectors with emory paper, put some lithium grease on them to prevent new corrosion - and the light worked perfectly.

I am thinking of upgrading my tailights to the 2001 + versions. Will this alleviate the problem also?