Bluetooth Info Transfering From Different Phone

jazzsax

I have a v710 bluetooth phone that, as many of you already know, works, but I can't transfer any phone book items to the car. One touch dialing works ok, but I was thinking that if I could get another phone to temporarily transfer numbers, then my problem with populating the phone book would be solved (.. at least the phone book problem anyway) I might be able to borrow someone's phone just to do this.

The only problem I can see is if the phone book automatically gets erased when a new bluetooth pairing takes place. Anyone know if this is the case? Or if I'm missing something obvious here?

Here is a good link to learn about fixing your V710 to get more functions out of the blue tooth, A SEEM update will allow you to transfer like it was made to before Vorizon disabled the file transfer features so you would have to use there pay services.

http://www.inetron.com/

In the main menu on the left read the message boards and the V710 item. All you need to make the blue tooth right is the usb cord to hook it to your computer and the motorola phone tools software, then down load and install the seem hack from this web site and your phone should work just fine.

Jeff

The Seem update referenced will NOT solve the phonebook problem. That update only allows for the transfer of ring tones from the TF card to the phone . . .in all other respects it is identical to the officially released 8700_01.40.0R firmware update. The latest update did allow for full synchronization of my phonebook with my '05 BMW 330xi w/BT but did nothing for my wife's '05 RX330.

I've already tried to update the phone with the latest software and couldn't, so I've given up. I even have the Motorola USB powered cable. I'm not going to screw with it anymore. It ain't worth it.

In any case, updating the phone wasn't part of my question.

To answer my own question, I borrowed a Sony Ericsson T68i (ATT/Cingular) and paired to to my RX330, added some numbers to the phone book and then downloaded the phone book to the car. I then switched back to my v710 and now my one-touch can show names in addition to the phone numbers. My wife is very happy now that she can drive and not have to remember which one-touch numbers are associated with which phone number.

So I'm a happier v710 user now. (and no reprogramming the phone firmware necessary)

I'm hoping the new e815 will be even better when it comes out.

I can't seem to get my phonebook off my Razr to my 400h BT. When I am connected via bluetooth I hit "start trasfer" in the settings menu then it automatically disconnects my phone. I'm confused. How do I get the phonebook in there?

I can't seem to get my phonebook off my Razr to my 400h BT. When I am connected via bluetooth I hit "start trasfer" in the settings menu then it automatically disconnects my phone.  I'm confused. How do I get the phonebook in there?

Are you trying to download the entire phone book. On my 530 BMW I didn't have to do anything. All the numbers appeared in the car phone book.

For the 400h I had to download one phone number at a time. I belive Lexus is doing everything they can to keep you from using a phone in their cars, and not telling you this when they advertise Bluetooth.

I can't seem to get my phonebook off my Razr to my 400h BT. When I am connected via bluetooth I hit "start trasfer" in the settings menu then it automatically disconnects my phone.  I'm confused. How do I get the phonebook in there?

I too have a Motorola V3 and had to upload numbers one at a time to my RX330. Very frustrating. I called Motorola about not being able to to a mass transfer and they claimed it was the car. Took a long time transferring them.

I too have a Motorola V3 and had to upload numbers one at a time to my RX330. Very frustrating. I called Motorola about not being able to to a mass transfer and they claimed it was the car. Took a long time transferring them.

It's true you can only transfer one at a time. I used the Bluetooth User Guide instructions for the RAZR on the lexus.letstalk website (download a PDF file). It worked Okay but took me a long time to go through the sequence many times. Hopefully I'll only have to do it once.

http://lexus.letstalk.com/bluetooth/lexus/v3razr_bt.pdf

It's true you can only transfer one at a time.  I used the Bluetooth User Guide instructions for the RAZR on the lexus.letstalk website (download a PDF file).  It worked Okay but took me a long time to go through the sequence many times.  Hopefully I'll only have to do it once.

http://lexus.letstalk.com/bluetooth/lexus/v3razr_bt.pdf

In the case of my T68i, I transfered the whole phonebook all at once and then deleted the items on the Lexus phone book after it was done. I guess since some people have done it 1 number at a time, it must be a phone issue, and not the Lexus bluetooth.