New Used Owner, New 2 The Club

Should be working but I'm reading as many postings as I can. Bought a used 98 GS300 and I am very pleased after 4 months. I can't perform all the modifications you guys talk about and with four kids I'm too busy to learn. Could you please give me two or three must-do's, and two or three must-not do's?

Appreciate all the help!

Welcome to L.O.C,

One thing that I think is a must to change on all GS's are the parking lights bulbs "the 2 smaller lights between the headlights". The factory bulbs are too dim and yellow which does not match the color of the headlights and it definetly is a must if you have HID on your GS. I reccomend using PIAA extreme white! They match quite well and you can do this very easy too!!!

welcome!

:cheers:

personally, i would do these three things to start...

1. wheels, gotta get some 20s! if you're on a budget, take your time and look around for some used ones that are in good shape.

2. radar detector! doesn't do much for the looks of the car, but will certainly save you from a ticket or two... and of course you have to "hard-wire" it and run the wiring around the molding of the windshield for that seamless look.

3. tint! it's whatever you like, but personally on a car like this a lighter tint looks classy.

ok maybe 4 or 5 things...

4. change the side markers with clear ones. to match the head lights.

5. upgrade the audio system with a better sub. i'm a definate car audio nut and 9 outta 10 times would suggest replacing stock equipment, but i gotta admit the stock lex stereo sounds pretty darn good. the whole system needs more power in my taste, but adding to the low end will help balance it a little better. without taking the whole trunk an easy way to do this, is to change the factory 10" and build a small enclosure that mounts to the underside of the rear deck, where you can also mount the amp for it.

keep us posted on your mods and again welcome!

I have to agree with some of the previous suggestions changing some of the lights ( check out Lextacy.com) replace the yellow side marker lights with clear ones that has the yellow bulb they look clear in the daytime and yellow at night.. Also the two amber bulbs between the front large ones should be changed to whitr( I hate amber :angry: ). With all that changed it will look cleaner. Next a light tint will do as well. Last and what should of been first is "get some new rims!" The stock ones look like donuts get 19's or better 20's.