Cd Cartridge Stuck

I posted this question on the electronics forum, but there's not much activity there...

2000 ES300, glove box mounted CD changer, 6 CD cartridge.

Cartridge got stuck. I removed player from glove box, and front cover from player. Wound up forcibly prying the cartridge out (my wife had put 6 new CD's in, and wanted them out NOW!) Turns out cd slides were put in crooked. :whistles:

CD changer now appears dead - no play, no eject. Is there hope? Or do I go off to Best Buy to get a replacement? I assume dealer isn't the first option.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Sal's Dad

:chairshot:

Sal's Dad,

Sorry for your headaches, but I agree that the dealership is not the route to go. In your spot I'd search eBay Motors or try to locate a wrecking yard with a usable CD unit still intact. It would be much more reasonable dollar wise. Good Luck!

I posted this question on the electronics forum, but there's not much activity there...

2000 ES300, glove box mounted CD changer, 6 CD cartridge.

Cartridge got stuck. I removed player from glove box, and front cover from player. Wound up forcibly prying the cartridge out (my wife had put 6 new CD's in, and wanted  them out NOW!) Turns out cd slides were put in crooked.  :whistles:

CD changer now appears dead - no play, no eject. Is there hope? Or do I go off to Best Buy to get a replacement? I assume dealer isn't the first option.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Sal's Dad

:chairshot:

I have a cd changer with all the trim [ any color] if interested ?

Thanks - I am open to any suggestions, and will look on ebay! Is this a standard unit, or a Toyota-specific model? (I think the label says Pioneer)

DCFish, I received your earlier note, but you didn't provide an email, so have no way to contact you!