Mufflers

Doctor K

I just bought a 2005 SC430 and have put 240 miles on it this week. It is amazing how a few break-in miles will increase the performance of this vehicle. Does anyone have experience with an improved exhaust system. More free flowing with more of an exhaust note (noise) and possibly more mid-range torque.

The car is growing on me, but after coming from a twin turbo Porsche the acceleration is really a let down. I understand you can't compare apples to bananas, but I would like a little more than I've getting. At freeway speeds of 85-100 mph the car will run with the best of them. But 0-60 is a let down.

I noticed the manual talks frequently about down shifting manually for braking purposes, but says nothing of using the 2-3-4 manual for acceleration purposes. Any known problems in using the trans manually for acceleration purposes?

I'm not talking red-lining the car in lower gears all the time.

Opinions welcomed.

Doc :cheers:

I think they're reffering to the deaccelaration taking a toll on the little clutches in the trans.

Acceleration is a gradual increase in-which the clutches are sliding normally. I'm not really impressed with the new trans.

Have you had an opportunity to talk to the Lexus Service Advisors yet? Ask them if they are aware of any problems with the new trans.