Changed Plugs

i changed the plugs in my gs3 this morning at 80k miles. not a job for a non-mechanical type.

i was surprised at how they buried the plugs. my back was hurting when i wrapped it up.

runs smooth.

Mine is already at 86,000 miles so I guess it's time for the tune up as well. Could you give me a rundown on what you had to do to get to all the plugs? Any advise on additional parts requirement (ie gaskets, seals, etc.) Thanks.

can you describe the process in a few steps.... I need to do mine as well and want to know what I am getting myself into.

Do I need to take the upper intake off or will I be able to get around it?

disconnect the right side intake elbow and remove, remove the bolts from the throttle body and the thick black spacer (it has a long thru bolt in it.) completely remove the black gasket with the thru bolt in it. set it aside. disconnect the throttle cable and push the throttle body off the center line of the valve cover.

remove wiring brackets as needed. 3 plgs have a standard wire recepticle and 3 have a coil component attached to the recepticle and a bracket that needs to be unbolted on each of the three.

there are a couple of tight spots.

i was an aircraft mechanic for a few years so it was not a big deal.

for a standard do-it-yourselfer it could be a bit challenging but do able none the less. you just have to hold your mouth just right to get at everything.