Spare Tire

CatKing

hi all,

is there anybody out there had taken away their spare tire from the rx330. other than flat tire occassion, are there any disadvantages from it. i think if it is not usually happened and i can call for towing once it occur, what is good to keep it there?

thank you for your advice if any.

hi all,

is there anybody out there had taken away their spare tire from the rx330. other than flat tire occassion, are there any disadvantages from it. i think if it is not usually happened and i can call for towing once it occur, what is good to keep it there?

One factor to consider in your decision: spare tires do provide a level of impact protection in a rear-end collision.

another thing (for those really picky about cars) It hides the under part of the car so people don't easily see if it's dirty or clean (if it's clean, under part is usually nice and black, usually the conditon before used in rain). :cheers:

hi all,

I took it off my RX300 to shave off almost 50 lbs of dead weight. Instead I have a fix-a-flat can for slow leaks. Drawback is you lose the option of jacking up a flat and replace with spare w/o calling the tow truck.

hi,

thanks all for the input and that are all i am thinking about. the most concern is i can take away some weight from the vechicle provided that that is no harm to it liked if rear-end collision happened.