Just Ordered My Gs430 Black/cashmere

Any positives or negatives on this vehicle? The test drive was supurb. The car comes with much more than a Mercedes which is at a much higher price. The fit and finish is very good. This is my first Lexus, I have had 6 MB's, 3 BMW's, and a Jaguar or two. The MB's quality has gone to crap and I don't like the look of the new BMW's.

Let me know what you guys think of the new GS430, with the spider wheels. :rolleyes:

Performance_all.doc

Any positives or negatives on this vehicle?  The test drive was supurb.  The car comes with much more than a Mercedes which is at a much higher price.  The fit and finish is very good.  This is my first Lexus, I have had 6 MB's, 3 BMW's, and a Jaguar or two.  The MB's quality has gone to crap and I don't like the look of the new BMW's.

Let me know what you guys think of the new GS430, with the spider wheels. :rolleyes:

The GS430 comes with run flat tires. Anyone have experience with these? Are they hard, is the bump transmission harsh into the cabin?

you have a RX 400h on order?

I did, but when I took a second look at the materials inside I was disappointed with the quality for $52K. The plastics on the doors and console was not compatable with the price. I didn't like the aluminum and the lack of luxory features such as keyless entry, electric shocks, XM Sat radio. All these things I got in the GS430 for just a few K's more. The mileage on the 400h was not what I expected, the V8 GS430 gets 25MPG on the highway which is where I travel most and the average on the 400h is just 27. The bottom line is that I felt the GS430 was a better buy for the money.

ooh ok good causei drove one off the carship and it was horrible...good cohice on the gs430 i drove thoese too off the carship they are nice i just dont like the new body style..good luck with it though...

Bought my 2006 GS430 about 6 weeks ago, she now has 1100 miles on her. She’s fully loaded except for the radar.

First off I thought the price was a bit high but hey you only live once right?

The quality is second to none. I too was looking at the imports and they don’t compare if you know what your looking at. The ride is second to none, I love the sport option when I’m in the mood to race around town. There is quite a difference when you change the shock settings. Using the sequential shift is Fun! Fun! Fun! And there’s more then enough power to kick some butt!

As for the sound, if you get the Mark Levinson system its awesome! The 5.1 surround sound is Great! The DVD picture is nice, just wish the parking brake and motion system could be deactivated so my family could watch DVD’s when going on a trip. I’m still looking into that.

As for the wheels the stock 18" ers are very nice, I would not upgrade to the spoke if you ask me.

The only bad thing I could say about this car is the tire noise, its rather annoying at high speeds on worn asphalt, Ill change the tires one day.

I could easyly say a lot more good things about this car but gotta run.

Good Luck with your new car, I’m sure you will be happy!!!

Bought my 2006 GS430 about 6 weeks ago, she now has 1100 miles on her.  She’s fully loaded except for the radar.

First off I thought the price was a bit high but hey you only live once right?

The quality is second to none. I too was looking at the imports and they don’t compare if  you know what your looking at.  The ride is second to none, I love the sport option when I’m in the mood to race around town. There is quite a difference when you change the shock settings. Using the sequential shift is Fun! Fun! Fun! And there’s more then enough power to kick some butt!

As for the sound, if you get the Mark Levinson system its awesome! The 5.1 surround sound is Great! The DVD picture is nice,  just wish the parking brake and motion system could be deactivated so my family could watch DVD’s when going on a trip. I’m still looking into that.

As for the wheels the stock 18" ers are very nice, I would not upgrade to the spoke if you ask me.

The only bad thing I could say about this car is the tire noise, its rather annoying at high speeds on worn asphalt, Ill change the tires one day.

I could easyly say a lot more good things about this car but gotta run.

Good Luck with your new car, I’m sure you will be happy!!!

Talked to my dealer and you can get DVD screens put into the headrests for playing movies to the back passengers. I think I will get these. I did have a concern about the run flats, but I can change them when they get worn to something less noisey and add a spare.

I had a 2001 GS300 and my new car is alittle firmer ride than that one. But you can tell the new engine is much improved. It feels peppier and even more smooth and quiet. I have the run flat tires, maybe thats why it feels firmer.I love this car, its a real head turner. I also got the spoiler and adaptive swivel headligts that are cool. There seems to be less head room in the 2006, than the 2001, but its still real nice inside the cockpit. It takes awhile to get used to the touch screen though..

:) picked up a black on black on sunday and loving it. one complaint: trunk is too small, especially the opening. Traded in a 06 cls, why? stoneage nav system, stereo, park assist steering controls and on and on.

Any positives or negatives on this vehicle?  The test drive was supurb.  The car comes with much more than a Mercedes which is at a much higher price.  The fit and finish is very good.  This is my first Lexus, I have had 6 MB's, 3 BMW's, and a Jaguar or two.  The MB's quality has gone to crap and I don't like the look of the new BMW's.

The GS430 comes with run flat tires. Anyone have experience with these? Are they hard, is the bump transmission harsh into the cabin?

:) picked up a black on black on sunday and loving it. one complaint: trunk is too small, especially the opening. Traded in a 06 cls, why? stoneage nav system, stereo, park assist steering controls and on and on.

My MB dealer was trying to sell me one also, gave me one to drive around for a day. You are right even the radio couldn't pick up the stations my honda mini van could. I have had 6 MB's, but the new ones are JUNK. Should have keep my old one they were like iron.