Warped Rotors

rich21

when ever i braked the steering wheel started shaking so instead of getting the rotors cut i bought new rotors and pads. i put them in and they were fine till a couple days later they it started shaking again. can it be that i tightened up the bolts uneven on the calipers. what can it be. why do they warped?

when ever i braked the steering wheel started shaking so instead of getting the rotors cut i bought new rotors and pads. i put them in and they were fine till a couple days later they it started shaking again. can it be that i tightened up the bolts uneven on the calipers. what can it be. why do they warped?

Rich, your warping, if that's the case, could be from a stuck caliper not fully releasing. Usually they have to be really hot and maybe get wet to warp. Or it could be the problem is elsewhere in the steering or suspension systems. <_<

had the same problem with my wifes 97 sc300. new cermic pads and rotors turned a few months ago. i pulled it apart yesterday and had the rotors cut again. they were off by less then .007" pads looked fine hardly worn. i found the sliding pin that you bolt the caliper to was sticking. i removed the dust boot and cleaned out the holes and cleaned the pin. re-greased pin and reinstalled. road tested car and no more vibration.

hope this helps.

Fred