215/60/16 Tires On 2000 Es300?

Hi there. I have the opportunity to purchase four new 215/60/16 snow tires for my 2000 ES300 at a significant discount. Of course, the stock size is 205/60/16.

Has anyone ever tried a 215 on an 2000 ES300? I just want to make sure the extra width will not cause problems.

Darren

Hi there.  I have the opportunity to purchase four new 215/60/16 snow tires for my 2000 ES300 at a significant discount.  Of course, the stock size is 205/60/16. 

Has anyone ever tried a 215 on an 2000 ES300?  I just want to make sure the extra width will not cause problems.

Darren

According to the tire rack website, it does not suggest that size as a possible alternitive. Generally, snow tires are usually slightly smaller (or the same factory size), not larger (even though it's a 'slight' bump us in size). Check with a couple of tire dealers before going ahead with the purchase. Perhaps that's one of the main reasons why you can pick them off so cheap? :unsure: ;)

:cheers:

Hi there.  I have the opportunity to purchase four new 215/60/16 snow tires for my 2000 ES300 at a significant discount.  Of course, the stock size is 205/60/16. 

Has anyone ever tried a 215 on an 2000 ES300?  I just want to make sure the extra width will not cause problems.

Darren

According to the tire rack website, it does not suggest that size as a possible alternitive. Generally, snow tires are usually slightly smaller (or the same factory size), not larger (even though it's a 'slight' bump us in size). Check with a couple of tire dealers before going ahead with the purchase. Perhaps that's one of the main reasons why you can pick them off so cheap? :unsure: ;)

:cheers:

the snow tires are only 10mm wider and 6mm higher. that is almost nothing. i would make sure you have 5mm on each side to spare and if u do you can fit them on.