K&n Air Filter Sc400

Hi All, New to the website. I've looked around and found nothing on K&N air filter for 1994 SC400. I purchased one from Pep Boys for $55.95 Everett, WA. Popped it in and didn't noticed any different or increase of acceleration. Has anybody else used the K&N filter or have any experience with them? Part number is 33-2054.

Thanks,

Moony400

An intake doesn't add very much horsepower for naturally aspirated vehicles. Therefore, don't expect to necessarily "feel" any increase in horsepower.

I've added the K&N Filter for my SC300. I didn't feel any performance increase. I do, however, hear my intake a bit louder though. I believe that my RPMs seem to go up a bit quicker than before, but that is strictly perception at this point in time.

The stock plastic intake plenum isn't exactly the most efficient design in terms of performance. It usually is designed a certain way to help reduce noise. I may decide to fabricate my own intake piping...BUT...this still will not increase horsepower by a large amount.

Regarding the Injen intake system. Again, if you think that the gain in horsepower is worth the extra money ($60 for K&N versus $200+ for the Injen), that is up to you. The piping does make the air flow within the intake a bit smoother though...