The Battery

most shops today plug an auxillary battery into the cig lighter or the power adapter when a battery has to be changed. This keeps current to the electricals that depend on memory presets and alarm codes.

steviej

most shops today plug an auxillary battery into the cig lighter or the power adapter when a battery has to be changed.  This keeps current to the electricals that depend on memory presets and alarm codes.

steviej

Good idea, not sure why I haven't thought of this.

I guess that's why there forums are so important.

Thanks again !!!!!!!!

most shops today plug an auxillary battery into the cig lighter or the power adapter when a battery has to be changed.  This keeps current to the electricals that depend on memory presets and alarm codes.

steviej

Good idea, not sure why I haven't thought of this.

I guess that's why there forums are so important.

Thanks again !!!!!!!!

That's a good idea, except the power to the cigarette lighter & Power Adapter socket turns off when the ignition key is turned off. :)

You would have to find another way to keep the power flowing while the battery is disconnected.

steviej

Here is a dump on. I replaced my stock battery last year and when I did my pre-set did not get lost...that is weird.

I also took the battery out last month and lost nothing that is weird......................