what is a good aftermarket intake for an sc300?

lexsc3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

im thinking about making an intake because $300 for a 3' piece of t-52 6061 aluminum tubing with 1 bend in it is a rip off. im considering a dual chamber design. the airwave that is cut off when you change gears reverberates in the intake at about the speed of sound and you want it to hit the intake manifold at the right time. anyway, you calculate the length at the rpm you desire the air wave to hit and you have the length, not so hard. im thinkin dual chamber because a smaller diameter intake increases the velocity with it hits therefore giving better low end performance. the problem with that is you need more air flow at higher rpm to attain better performance. im not sure exactly how im going to manage this but im thinking about puting a gate in the intake so that only the smaller chamber is open at low rpm and then somehow have the gate open at the desired rpm to allowed the full flow. im not sure if i want to use some kind of hydrolic actuator tied into maybe the master brake cylinder or the abs cylinder (since the abs is surely not going to be on at the same time im hitting mid-rpms) or perhaps some kind of servo. i need to do some research into it and figure out if i can make a simple circuit board and have it tie into the throttle management or something.