My Hid Install

I don't know why all cars aren't made with xenon's. They save on energy and look better. And yeah the fake ones ARE REALLY cheap ;)

Simply, because it costs more. :rolleyes:

couldn't they just raise the price more? It's only like a good k more, right?

I don't know why all cars aren't made with xenon's. They save on energy and look better. And yeah the fake ones ARE REALLY cheap ;)

Simply, because it costs more. :rolleyes:

couldn't they just raise the price more? It's only like a good k more, right?

Every penny is figured out in the manufacturing of an automobile to keep the selling price competitive. Upgrades, such as HID's are not necessary for a large percentage of buyers, so it's sold as an option. The HID's requires, ballasts, auto leveling motors, and more expensive xenon lamps. Therefore, any upgrade, such as ABS brakes systems that a manufacturer makes has to be weighed very carefully. ;)

its not absolutely necessary to have autoleveling motors.

In the long run i dont think its the fact that HID's cost more for manufacters, its probably the whole point of costing more since its a "luxury" optional feature on so many cars... or that is an additional safety feature becuase its soo much brighter and better looking than non-xenon.

its not absolutely necessary to have autoleveling motors. 

In the long run i dont think its the fact that HID's cost more for manufacters,  its probably the whole point of costing more since its a "luxury" optional feature on so many cars... or that is an additional safety feature becuase its soo much brighter and better looking than non-xenon.

Wrong! New car manufacturers are required to have auto leveling devices on HID installed cars.

It really has not been proven that HID lighting systems are safer.

http://www.mrtraffic.com/HID.htm

i would think if you have better visibility then you are a bit safer, seeing as you would have a higher reaction time in certain incidents.

in the past few years, especially this year more and mroe manufacturers are starting to add on xenon lights. But there was a time where they were strictly on high-end cars. As most of you have, Vision in a HID automobile does not compare to anything elss.

As for autoleveling... well i understand the strict rules to that becuase of the increasing amount of SUV's that have Xenon's. Surely thier hieght is extremely blinding to oncoming traffic ... as well as to those that are driving in front of them. To say the least, I hate SUV's. Thats where the govnt should regulate.

don't nissan maxima's have xenons? They're not luxury at all!

to you it may not be luxury, but to Nissan, The Maxima is it's flagship sedan. It does come with HIDs. Maxima is to Nissan as Avalon is to Toyota (did that sound like an SAT question or what?)

Keep in mind, that HID headlights to the common market immediately raises a higher maintanence cost flag, too. Manufactureres know this.

steviej

don't nissan maxima's have xenons? They're not luxury at all!

Correct-they are an "upscale sedan", Infiniti is their luxury line.

"After all, with 265 horsepower, the $27,050 Maxima SE is far more powerful than most of its full-sized rivals in this price range. And Americans who want elbow room should be attracted to the Maxima, since it's a larger car than either the Camry or Accord, with more passenger volume. Only the Chrysler Concorde, Buick Park Avenue, Toyota Avalon and Pontiac Bonneville are larger inside. The former three are softly suspended and sold largely to the Geritol set."

forbes.com

yep,  nissan is definetely trying hard. 

Does anyone know the faith of Mitsubishi?  Cause their trying too.  Especially with the new warraties thier coming out with.

I don't think Mitsubishi is trying much. All their cars are low end in my opinion. I think one of their modles has leather interior and wood wheel LOL And i think the gauge cluster on this model is like lexus.

OOoo a wood wheel.  that must definetely be thier flag ship model right there.

LOL hey it's a start of Luxury fot them. And i think it's Kis or something; that's what i was thinking of. or Daewoo whatever that is?? LOL