Taking Out The Cadilac Converter

bbsal

ive been hearing you can gain good horsepower taking out the cadilac converter and just running a strait pipe from it.Is it true?also i dont think it will pass inspection after you do it and also wont it make the car louder?

do not remove the catalytic convertor

i am pretty sure it is illegal almost everywhere to remove a functioning one even to replace it with a high performance one with lower back pressure

you would be better off with a new exahust sytem and new bigger pipping such as a mandral bent 2.5 inch pipe and muffler

it will be a bit louder to remove it but the exhaust system can be remde from just the resonator and not give it too much of an increase in noise

plus the pipe isalready 2.5 up to the res and then shrinks to 2.25 inch pipe for some reason

the header is made by one company fo raround $1000

as it takealot of work to make it

also what company makes the headers?i might want to invest into that if it will give me some increase in power.plus headers and then a supercharger i will really be flying.