Ok Im Giving In Sk

kyle0k

heres the question,how can i make my short ram into a CAI. I dont know any metal benders or anything but my thoughts are just buying a stainless stell pipe big enough and a bendy pipe at home depot and buy a bypass valve and thats that. hows that sound?

so SK u think thats good?

Just put back the stock airbox and pipe back on and leave the large ballast that sits behind the bumper connecting to your airbox off.

That is the easiest ,cheapest and most efficent way.

Your not giving in as such but trying to change the variables to be most effective.

let us know how your gas mileage goes.

BTW don;t forget to clean your maf wire as wel as i am sure it is full of crud from the hot sticky film in the engine bay.

whic wire is the maf:)

but im not giving in that much ,im not gnno put my stock intake back on! its either leave it how it is or extend it to a CAI. so my questions simple, do u think it will still be good with a homemade pipeing?

By removing the ballst it becomes a cold air intake with a stock style filter.

You can use the metal pipe instead of the rubber one for looks but it does heat soak the intake charge more.

The maf is the sensor that attaches to the back of the stock airbox.

It should be held between your metal pipe and filter.

The wire to be cleaned is inside of it and tells the ecu how much air is being injested.