Inskip Lexus Ri Got Their 1st 400h Today

Yesterday i went to my dealer (Inskip) to service my ES, and saw the 400h. They said they JUST got it so i thought that was cool ;) I asked to take it for a test drive (since i'm waiting for mine to arrive :o ) but they said i couldn't because it was only a floor model.... I guess i can wait a while longer...

Anyway i got to sit in it LOL......It seems very comfortable, but doesn't have the wood trim inside. It's all aluminum (as i was told). It had the tan seats, but black dash and steering wheel.....This seems to be the look of the highlander as well...I don't particurally like it..... The gauge cluster is different too....It doesn't have the RPM but an electrical replacment meter.... the cluster still has the tinted look until the ignition it turned on, which i like very much; it gives it the "look" of a luxury car..... Where the navi screen would be; there's the layout of the whole car's energy transfer which is REALLY COOL!!

It was the color i wanted!! The dark blue (not sure if it's the same as mine but it was nice!! B) ) The rear lights are a little different than the 330, but still use Led's. I really think i'm gonna like this one...

I looked at the engine and was very impressed!! The guy (aka sales manager LOL) i was talking to said that it got better MPG than the 330, but got better horsepower....from what i've heard around was that it got the same PMG...I don't care; it's still better...

Well at least i know inskip has 1 rx400h in :angry: when is mine coming!!?! I can't wait to trade in this rx300!!!!!!!!

My Dealer in South Bend called last night and said and I qoute

"Your beautiful lexus 400H has arrived -- Congradulations!"

I initially stated I didn't want dvd, but then I called back a few weeks ago

and said I did (I don't know why -- no Kids). I actually had two dealers calling me asking if I still wanted the car! I don't know how that happened.

They called me back in about 10 minutes and said your 400h was in the

first shipment and it would arrive between April 15 - 20.

I can't wait to see it!

My Dealer in South Bend called last  night and said and I qoute

and said I did (I don't know why -- no Kids).  I actually had two dealers calling me asking if I still wanted the car!  I don't know how that happened.

I can't wait to see it!

i can't wait either....It's like we're kids again LOL

Oh and the DVD isn't just cool for kids...If you're in traffic somewhere it's really nice to pass the time!! I don't know how i get along without it now..... And be lucky you don't have any kids! They kill a car's resale value LOL Dents, scratches, marks ughhh....... I have 3 of them; 2 in college and one more left to go.....freedommmm!!!!!!! LOL (j/k kids are great) ;) They're your life......

and said I did (I don't know why -- no Kids).  I actually had two dealers calling me asking if I still wanted the car!  I don't know how that happened.

I can't wait to see it!

i can't wait either....It's like we're kids again LOL

Oh and the DVD isn't just cool for kids...If you're in traffic somewhere it's really nice to pass the time!! I don't know how i get along without it now..... And be lucky you don't have any kids! They kill a car's resale value LOL Dents, scratches, marks ughhh....... I have 3 of them; 2 in college and one more left to go.....freedommmm!!!!!!! LOL (j/k kids are great) ;) They're your life......

How are you watching DVD in Traffic. I need the emergency brake on and once you start moving the display goes off?

Yesterday i went to my dealer (Inskip) to service my ES, and saw the 400h. They said they JUST got it so i thought that was cool  ;)    I asked to take it for a test drive (since i'm waiting for mine to arrive  :o ) but they said i couldn't because it was only a floor model....  I guess i can wait a while longer...

Anyway i got to sit in it LOL......It seems very comfortable, but doesn't have the wood trim inside. It's all aluminum (as i was told). It had the tan seats, but black dash and steering wheel.....This seems to be the look of the highlander as well...I don't particurally like it..... The gauge cluster is different too....It doesn't have the RPM but an electrical replacment meter.... the cluster still has the tinted look until the ignition it turned on, which i like very much; it gives it the "look" of a luxury car..... Where the navi screen would be; there's the layout of the whole car's energy transfer which is REALLY COOL!! 

It was the color i wanted!! The dark blue (not sure if it's the same as mine but it was nice!!  B) )  The rear lights are a little different than the 330, but still use Led's. I really think i'm gonna like this one...

I looked at the engine and was very impressed!! The guy (aka sales manager LOL) i was talking to said that it got better MPG than the 330, but got better horsepower....from what i've heard around was that it got the same PMG...I don't care; it's still better...

Well at least i know inskip has 1 rx400h in  :angry:    when is mine coming!!?! I can't wait to trade in this rx300!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see it!

Update

I got the Sales Agreement faxed to me: Total for all options: $52,703.00

--that includes base price, delivery; ML stereo, heated seats, and dvd.

I'm also getting some add-ons! I'll pick up the car on Saturday.

It was a smooth transaction -- no deposits, no signatures, etc.

And no premium.

Ford dealers in the Chicagoland area were asking $5000 above MSRP

for the escape.

Question: Would you purchase an extended warranty?

Thanks for any replies...

I can't wait to see it!

Update

And no premium.

for the escape.

There was a thread on the merits of the extended warranty not too long ago, I think the consensus was that it is not money well spent. Enjoy !

I can't wait to see it!

Update

And no premium.

for the escape.

That's about the same price inskip's telling me....I ordered it with everything for about $ 53,500 without the extended warranty (which i might get).....I'm figuring that since it's a new model and new engine there are bound to be problems with her.....but i'm not even sure if i'm gonna be keeping it any longer than 3 or 4 years with the mileage i put on it.....I don't know how many it can take. right now my 03 rx300's almost dead.....

for the warrany, it all depends on how long you keep them...I never usually get the extended b/c i don't have to keep them long befroe i buy a new one...That's not money well spent ;)

right now my 03 rx300's almost dead.....

If I interpret your signature box correctly, your 03 RX300 has only 65,000 miles on it, how can it be almost dead ? I'd expect a typical recently manufactured car (even an American made) to last well into 100,000 miles.

If I interpret your signature box correctly, your 03 RX300 has only 65,000 miles on it, how can it be almost dead ? I'd expect a typical recently manufactured car (even an American made) to last well into 100,000 miles.

Soobie, I agree. Our Camry has just under 200,000. As far as I can tell, the engine is doing great. The oil level barely drops over the 5000 miles between oil changes. Because of age, it could use a paint job - something we expect to do after we get the Rx400 so it won't be too much of a step-car. :D Over the years, it has required almost nothing beyond scheduled maintenance and wear items like breaks.

It's almost dead! LOL I can't explain it, it's just in bad shape....I take it for all of it's 10k mile serveces, and i even put mid-grade octane in.....Sometimes i'll start it and it'll have trouble. I'll take it to the dealer again and they'll fix it (still under warranty). A few weeks ago the moonroof didn't work, then some sticker fell off the sterio, and it's making some strange noise when i accelerate......I can't say i'm the best driver, so that probably has something to do with it not working alright......

Even though the dealer fixes it for FREE, it's still a pain to not be ablt to start it in the morning, or have preoblems with a 2 year old car.....When you spend 40k on a car, you'd expect it to be problem-free!!

It's almost dead! LOL I can't explain it, it's just in bad shape....I take it for all of it's 10k mile serveces, and i even put mid-grade octane in.....Sometimes i'll start it and it'll have trouble. I'll take it to the dealer again and they'll fix it (still under warranty). A few weeks ago the moonroof didn't work, then some sticker fell off the sterio, and it's making some strange noise when i accelerate......I can't say i'm the best driver, so that probably has something to do with it not working alright......

Even though the dealer fixes it for FREE, it's still a pain to not be ablt to start it in the morning, or have preoblems with a 2 year old car.....When you spend 40k on a car, you'd expect it to be problem-free!!

Why haven't you told us all these problems before now ? :angry: :chairshot: I bought my RX330 primarily because of Lexus' reputation for reliability (and because wife twisted my arm very hard), I sure don't want to deal with all those problems 2 years down the road. Please tell me you are partially responsible because you are a self admitted lousy driver and you abuse the car :lol: .

Why haven't you told us all these problems before now ? :angry: :chairshot: I bought my RX330 primarily because of Lexus' reputation for reliability (and because wife twisted my arm very hard), I sure don't want to deal with all those problems 2 years down the road. Please tell me you are partially responsible because you are a self admitted lousy driver and you abuse the car :lol: .

It's not the rx330 AT ALL.....My 330's got more than 1/2 the milage of the 300 and it hasn't had ONE SINGLE problem...The main reason my 300 has so many peoblems is b/c of the way i drive LOL i'm used to large engines that can pick me up very quickly...i guess i forget thet the 300's engine is very small.......Again, this 300 has been the only problemed car i have owned from Lexus. I had a 99 rx300, and it't transmission blew out around 69k miles...That's why i wanna sell this rx300 b/c it's close to that mileage.....

Every other lexus i have owned worked out fine and should for you too... ;) It's just me....

i hate to admit it; but if Lexus was still making the rx300's in 05 i would buy anouther!! LOL

I just feel that the rx300's are strong cars...Even with the problems with my 03, i would still buy another....the AC is so quiet !! LOL I love the rx.....

Actually, if i spotted another 03 rx300 with low mileage, 4WD w/o navi (im getting sick of navi now) i would get it!! I actually still like it that much.....To be perfectly honest i've been looking around for another 03......I hate mine, but i'll like another...Deffinetly not coach; i'd like an indigo ink pearl/ ivory, spoiler, stainless steel grille guard, walnut interior...yeahhhhhh B)