I am very dissapointed in Lexus salespeople with the 400 release.

The dealer in so cal where we have bought 2 cars has said from day one they are NOT doing the waiting list thing, its first come first serve. Went in on friday and our sales guy told us today (mon.) we can come in buy a car...he showed us what was coming and to be there about 11am.

We live almost 2 hrs away so we called at 10 to make sure-he said there is one car coming in today but its for the owners friend...so told us to come tomm. It just seems to easy, and we it doesnt help that we are way more eager than he is to contact.

Other dealer about 1 hr from us, had the 400 on saturday, roped off and in the showroom, to look at only...guy said we can test drive it monday, today...we called-they said no test drives???

I called 3 other dealers in our area of so cal and each one was very rude and uninformative about the car. We are very unaccustomed to this rudeness from Lexus. But my wife (whom is the one buying the car) is growing very impatient-everyone but her wins if she doesnt get the car, but I am just unimpressed with the way lexus has handled this whole debacle-its very chevy/ford of them to act so unorganized.

Anyway, hopefully we get one, but who knows......

Last April, we signed up with one Lexus dealership, one Toyota dealership, and e-mailed another Lexus dealership to be on an interest list. The Toyota dealership had us down as second in line for a Highlander hybrid. Three or four months later, the Toyota dealership decided to dissolve the list without telling anybody. Our deposit was refunded by crediting our Visa. Of course, at this time, the waiting lists for this vehicle at any other dealership was way too long. Although I am looking forward to getting the 400h, I was hoping to compare the two similar vehicles.

Getting back to your story, I'd say that it would be extremely difficult to find an RX400h that isn't reserved. I am still on an interest list, so it may be possible for you to take that position (Since my 400h at another dealership is due here in one week).

Last April, we signed up with one Lexus dealership, one Toyota dealership, and e-mailed another Lexus dealership to be on an interest list. The Toyota dealership had us down as second in line for a Highlander hybrid. Three or four months later, the Toyota dealership decided to dissolve the list without telling anybody. Our deposit was refunded by crediting our Visa. Of course, at this time, the waiting lists for this vehicle at any other dealership was way too long. Although I am looking forward to getting the 400h, I was hoping to compare the two similar vehicles.

Getting back to your story, I'd say that it would be extremely difficult to find an RX400h that isn't reserved. I am still on an interest list, so it may be possible for you to take that position (Since my 400h at another dealership is due here in one week).

Yeah, the salesman we have been dealing with is making it sound too easy to get ours-he called my wife again since I posted and said "I expect your car to come in tomm, but you will need to get here asap when it shows, but I can hold it for you"

Like I said, for such an anticipated vehicle hes making it sound too easy, maybe he just likes my wife??? haha

RX400H from San Diego, if you want to email me when you bail on your "interest list" so I can pick up where you leave off, that would be great. stiksandstonesATgmail.com

Thanks

I forgot to ask...is this "no deposit no waiting list" the real deal or is my salesman pulling our leg?

he claims "we just chose not to do it that way, its just bad business"

It is possible. If you look at it from their point of view, they don't have the hassle of administering a list and as long as there is demand they still sell their vehicles. The dealer we are buying from only started a list 2 weeks ago.

As far as "maybe he just likes your wife," having a good relationship with the salesman can help in this kind of situation.

Who knows how many Rx400H's are really pre-sold? Because no local dealers were doing an early list, we have a good position on a list in Southern Californa that we will be bailing on.

Yeah, the salesman we have been dealing with is making it sound too easy to get ours-he called my wife again since I posted and said "I expect your car to come in tomm, but you will need to get here asap when it shows, but I can hold it for you"

Like I said, for such an anticipated vehicle hes making it sound too easy, maybe he just likes my wife??? haha

RX400H from San Diego, if you want to email me when you bail on your "interest list" so I can pick up where you leave off, that would be great. stiksandstonesATgmail.com

Thanks

It looks like you have two opportunities (one from Patt as well) outside of the the dealer to which you refer. I'll call my contact to see if you can get in with a color choice.

Another thought about why the salesman is eager to sell to you. Most of the sales people are on commission. With a limited supply and high demand, the dealer may not care which customer buys the car, but the salesman is in competition with other rest of the dealership to be the one who sells the car. If he has a buyer ready to buy, it is in his interest to get the buyer in the dealership and close the sale before someone else does.

dealer came through, just got home with wifes new 400h....pretty cool so far, but the mileage on the highway was not so good...motor runs different....I am updating my treo so the bluetooth can work now, more to come once I get some sleep.

I will ad this...our dealer was one that did not have paid waiting lists, I actually dont know how they worked it, but wife called last summer and told the guy she wanted a car...when we showed up it had tons of options on it, some horrible metal tube running boards, lojack, custom wheels, undercarriage crap, etc...sticker was 50,820, but with all the crap on it came to 58k....wife told they guy that was BS and we were leaving. To make a long story short they took everything off and got the sticker back down to sticker.

Anyway, more to come

post-17287-1114122626_thumb.jpg