Hello To Everyone

Welcome. I looked up code 45 and found nothing. It might be somewhere I'm not looking. Don't have time to dig around though. Maybe someone else can locate it. Or try looking at the trc sensor located on the throttle body just behind the tps sensor. I beleive there is a secondary butterfly there that could be dirty or stuck or the trc sensor is buggered. Good luck.

So I got a chance to dig around.

code 45 = main throttle position sensor circuit malfunction.

So it is your tps sensor. It is dirty or bad or loose wires or something. Check your throttle cable and stuff. Clean out your throttle body. Go from there.

Either of the following occurs for .12 seconds.

1. IDL switch of main throttle position sensor is on.

2. Input voltage of trac ecu terminal vth: 1.45 V or more.

*main tps

*open in vtlh circuit

*short in IDL1 circuit

*ECM

*TRAC ECU

I am back again, so far no joy, just finshed with the throttle body inspection and have disconnected the connectors then hooked it all up the throttle body was absulutley spotless. I ran another diagnostic check and now I have 3 codes flashing TRC 45, TRC 27 and TRC 51. I am a little worried as I don't know what they mean.

Any light on the subject would be appreciated. :o

Note any settings that you would like to retain - i.e. radio stations, seat and steering wheel, etc. Disconnect the battery for 5 minutes. Reconnect your battery. Take the car for a short drive. Let it cool down. Re-run the diagnostic. Note your codes. You want to reset your mil and see what happens. The other codes may have come up incidentally. Make sure everything was reassembled correctly. If you get a code 45 again, you will have to use an ohmeter to check the circuit on your tps connector. Or take a risk and buy a tps. But that could be expensive. I'd recommend getting the manuals or taking it to a tech. I don't have the time now to look those up - but if I get a chance today, I will post the codes and a better solution.

Good luck.