Just Got My '94 Es 300

I've had it for 2 days now and WOW, this car is sweet in EVERY way. I can't get enough of it. It only has 86,000 miles, so I'm hoping I can get several years of good usage out of this car.

Anyway, now that I actually own the car, does anyone have any tips or suggestions about keeping the car in top shape (and how to do so relatively affordably). Money will be tight for a little while here. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

change your oil regularly and change the filter each time.

Every 3k with dino, or 5k with synthetic. You might want to start saving your pennys.

The timing belt should be changed at 90k. Have the entire 90k service done. Unless you have maint. records from the previous owner, you don't know what has been done. Have you Lexus dealer run the VIN to see what service in on record with them (their system should be able to pull up vehicle specific maint.)

This way you are in essence starting out on a new foot with YOUR maintenance intervals.

Not to scare you but the 90k is upwards of a grand, price it out at a Lexus ceritified toyota dealership, they will be a little less expensive.

Watch your valve cover gaskets, the 1MZ-FE has a history of leaking late in life.

The best thing to do, is ask anything you want. No question is dumb. But before you ask, I encourage you to use the "SEARCH" fucntion. You may find that your question has been asked....and answered before.

Welcome to the club.

oh yeah......what school?

steviej

University of Pittsburgh. Thanks for the advice...I knew the 90K service interval would be costly...fortunately I won't be putting a ton of mileage on this car so 90K should be several months away. I can't get enough of this car...everything about it, the way it drives, the interior, the way it looks, and the way I catch people turning their heads and staring at this 9 year old car that looks almost brand new. It's only been 3 days but thusfar I can't imagine buying anything other than another Lexus when the time comes around to get another car.

I'm flat broke because of this car but every time I drive it I realize that it was indeed worth it...nothing about the car feels or looks worn out at all. The real killers price-wise for me were tax and my first insurance premium payment (I had been on my parents' policy and got really cheap rates - now they're killing me since I'm still in my teens). Once I get some money in the bank, I'm going to get the 90K service.

Anyway....I'll try and get some pics up...unfortunately, there are a LOT of bugs around this summer so the car has gone from carwash clean to kind of dirty (but the clear coat still looks amazing regardless). Guess it's probably due for a wash of some sort.