Wow ! Paint Repair Without Repaint Whole Panel

http://www.precisionautoworks.net/paint_repair.html

Look like these guys can fix the scrapes without repainting the whole panel. Keeping the factory paint as much as possible is good idea because the factory paint is more durable and color match sometime is difficult, example: silver.

Before

black_Lexus_sc430_before-758x568.jpg

After

black_Lexus_sc430_after-758x568.jpg

Before

Lexus_GS430_before_2.jpg

After

Lexus_GS430_after_2.jpg

Before

Toyota_Camry_before_rear.jpg

After

Toyota_Camry_after_rear.jpg

Before

Toyota_Camry_before_front.jpg

After

Toyota_Camry_after_front.jpg

Before

Honda_civic_before_2.jpg

After

Honda_civic_after_2.jpg

It is a common thing to get a blended or blown in bumper as it is common on cars with minor damage to a bumper. It is what is done at auctions for vehicles that need to look ok but the repairs usually never last for more than a year or so before they show deficincies.

It is usualyl cheap about 100 bucks a spot depending on the size and work needed.

I would only get it for a car i am going to sell but never anything i want to keep.

Besides i have seen so many at auction and any person in the buisness can always spot a blown bumper.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey SKPerformance, what would you suggest for repaint / body repair for a car I do want to keep? Someone just hit my car recently and I'm concerned about having it repainted and getting a poor job done on it. In addition, I've had some strange oxidation on my hood that I can't seem to get rid of and was considering having the hood repainted. Any suggestions either in paint quality, finding a good shop, what to look for, etc.

Thanks

The bumper repair guy I used last year was a real artist. He spend about two hours working on our Camry while it was parked our driveway. $100 and the work still looks great - perfect paint match. The same guy repairs bumpers for the local Lexus dealer.

Some guys that do this do super super work, some do really crappy work. The key is to find someone with good references who'se work you've seen be it on cars at his location etc.

To me the key is to find someone who knows paint and how it should look.

I see cleints cars all the time who think their car was repaired flawlessly until i inspect it and tell them they have to repaint the damage as it has lots of flaws I see.