Lexus Rx400h Website

With the Rx400H release getting so close, I've wondered why the Lexus website still didn't have it in their vehicles - only the preliminary information from back when it was announced over a year ago is up. When I looked recently, the FAQ hadn't even been updated with some of the info they have released such as MPG.

Thanks to a pointer on the Edmunds forum where I lurk, I've found the Canadian Lexus website:

www.lexus.ca

It has the Rx400 integrated in. You can download brochures, look around the car, build your Rx400H.

I've noticed that the options on the Canadian version of the car are different from the US - seat heaters are standard for our neighbors to the North. (In the US the brochure says they are an option but at least for now they really aren't.) The ML audio, Nav and rear DVD are bundled into the one and only option package.

Overall, the Canadian Lexus website is nicer than the US one. The information is better displayed and easier to navigate. It has a nice pricing overview chart - instead of the dumb "which Lexus fits my budget" tool which is only useful if you are financing or leasing and want them to lead you by the nose. The chart makes it pretty clear why Lexus has positioned the Rx400H where it has.

The information is better displayed and easier to navigate. It has a nice pricing overview chart - instead of the dumb "which Lexus fits my budget" tool which is only useful if you are financing or leasing and want them to lead you by the nose. The chart makes it pretty clear why Lexus has position the Rx400H where it has.

Yep, the overview chart is a good piece of work, probably made by engineers rather than marketing types. (Sorry if this offends marketing types out there :chairshot: ).

I have noticed that the Canadian site list Stainless Steel Exhaust system for both the RX400h and for the Rx330. No such listing for the US site.

Does anyone know if the US cars come with SS exhaust?

I agree the Canadian site is better.

Ron

build your Rx400H.

I've noticed that the options on the Canadian version of the car are different from the US - seat heaters are standard for our neighbors to the North. (In the US the brochure says they are an option but at least for now they really aren't.) The ML audio, Nav and rear DVD are bundled into the one and only option package.

Overall, the Canadian Lexus website is nicer than the US one. The information is better displayed and easier to navigate. It has a nice pricing overview chart - instead of the dumb "which Lexus fits my budget" tool which is only useful if you are financing or leasing and want them to lead you by the nose. The chart makes it pretty clear why Lexus has positioned the Rx400H where it has.

Another link with thanks again to the Edmunds site:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...85/ai_n12937475

An article from an auto industry mag with interesting details that I haven't seen elsewhere. Like the extra cooling inlet they added to the front for cooling hybrid components increased drag so they made changes to improve the airflow off the wheels and under the car to get drag back where the Rx330 is.