Dvd 4.1 Update--car Says Cant Read The Dvd?

I bot the 4.1 version and went to install it myself and the car said it cant read it.  I put it in my PC and it sees the files just fine?? 

I have an '03 GX470, did i get the wrong DVD?

you have a 2002 2003 genertation 3 computer part number 86841-33060. takes 3rd genration update 86271-33033. data 4.2. generation 4 computer part number 86841-50090 takes disc 86271-33044. data 4.2 .the 4.1 dvd disc part number 86271-33043 has been voluntarily recalled by lexus and is defective.trhey mainly came on 2005 vehicles. . yes you boughrt one of the recalled discs from an unscrupulous seller with a buyer beware attitude. i think the people selling the recalled discs shoud be arrested as they could cause someone to have an accident telling them to turn down one way streets the wrong way.

I bot the 4.1 version and went to install it myself and the car said it cant read it.  I put it in my PC and it sees the files just fine?? 

I picked the correct DVD @ Bobby Rayhal Lexus in PA for $250.00. Best price I've seen..and it's a legit Lexus dealership. The funny part is that a '03 DVD went for $225 on Ebay and this was the latest greatest.

I picked the correct DVD @ Bobby Rayhal Lexus in PA for $250.00. Best price I've seen..and it's a legit Lexus dealership. The funny part is that a '03 DVD went for $225 on Ebay and this was the latest greatest.

the reason the 03 dvd is going for as much as the 4.1 update is that the 4.1 data is corrupted and all the discs are being replaced by 4.2 data disc in recall canpaign 4LG . so at this poiint it would be better to wait for a 4.2 data update dvd for the generation 3 lexus models which are made from 2001 to 2003. i personally wouldnt buy any disc that says 4.1 data on it .

• 2 months later...