Over 200k Odometer Replacement?

I have an instrument cluster on eBay now (that I used for temp when I had my original out to fix the needles). The mileage reading is 164XXX miles I received a question from a bidder in relation to the odometer going over 200K. He inicated that he was told that you would have to get the odo reset back to 0 at 200K miles and Lexus would put a sticker on the door frame to indicate that 200K needs to be added to the reading?

I had never heard this and that doesn't really make sense to me - otherwise why have the six digit odometer. I thought the first digit would read anything in the 0-9 range depending on the miles. I have yet to be over 200K in a Lexus and the only ones I can find on eBay with over 200K are early LS 400s with the analog odometer.

Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

I've never heard of a dealer doing that before.   <_<    I found this picture of Maine92ES's car  in the highest mileage thread....

DSC04125_1.jpg

heh, my contour did this with an analog odometer. It read all the way up to 299,999 miles and then rolled back over to 000000. i was shocked! i called ford and asked if it was normal, they said they didnt know becaue they had never seen a contour go that far. i pulled it out and apart and sure as *BLEEP*, the last digit only went up to 2, when it came time to roll around to 3, it went back to a 0! weird...

finally i asked around int he contour owners club locally here where a few members have reached over 300K, and they all had the same issue, so i determined it must be normal. i just had to make sure that at every inspection the odometer reading was reported as having a 3 in front of it, i didnt want the carfax report coming back with a damn inaccurate reading!