Brake Job Help

Hey everyone,

I'd like to do a complete pad and rotor replacement on my '93 SC4. I've done this several times on my Integra, but it didn't have ABS, so there was nothing special to look out for besides making sure to bleed the brakes when done.

Is there anything (like sensors, pnuematic gizmos or anything else) that I may need to have recallibrated, reset, re-adjusted or otherwise tampered with to make sure the ABS still behaves properly when i'm done? Or does this job have about the same degree of dificulty as pad+rotor replacement on a non-ABS vehicle? Will I need any special callibration tools?

I'd much rather pay $325 for all four rotors + high-grade(front) & ceramic pads(rear) at the import parts place and do this myself than get raped by the dealer at a ludicrous $1,410 - which they just quoted me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

btw: I don't have access to this forum website during the day at work, so it will a at least a day before i can check back on replies.

Nope. Just replace the pads like any other car. Nothing special required at all.

Mike

97' SC300

867 RWHP

Hey everyone,

I'd like to do a complete pad and rotor replacement on my '93 SC4.  I've done this several times on my Integra, but it didn't have ABS, so there was nothing special to look out for besides making sure to bleed the brakes when done. 

Is there anything (like sensors, pnuematic gizmos or anything else) that I may need to have recallibrated, reset, re-adjusted or otherwise tampered with to make sure the ABS still behaves properly when i'm done?  Or does this job have about the same degree of dificulty as pad+rotor replacement on a non-ABS vehicle?  Will I need any special callibration tools?

I'd much rather pay $325 for all four rotors + high-grade(front) & ceramic pads(rear) at the import parts place and do this myself than get raped by the dealer at a ludicrous $1,410 - which they just quoted me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

btw: I don't have access to this forum website during the day at work, so it will a at least a day before i can check back on replies.