Just Bought A 99 Rx300, Need To Replace Master Key

jetdriver1975

Hello everyone, I just bought a used RX300, but only received one Master Key and one Valet Key... I was just looking on EBAY to buy a new Master, but most of them are precut. Does anyone know if I buy a used master and reprogram it against the original master, will the dealer be able to replace the metal key only --> Lexus customer service said I have to buy a whole new key, but I'm not so sure. I would really appreciate someones help on this.

Thank you very much -

Robin

From what I have read on other threads and forums, the metal key portion is not replaceable in the way you would want. rsml51 stated this in a previous post. "Can tell you that the metal part of the key cannot be removed. I made the mistake of buying one on ebay for $40, thinking I could replace the key part and reprogram the remote part, because someone on ebay had said this could be done. It can't. better off buying a new blank. "

Your best bet is ordering a blank key that is cut for your specific vehicle. Programming the remote is pretty well documented so that shouldn't be an issue. Read this link and it's subsequent posts and see if it helps you out further.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...eplacement+Keys