Sc300 Turbo The 5spd

ne help to turbo a 5spd sc300

1. is the fmax turbo kit streetlegal in california and howmuch is it

2. is it cheaper to just custom fabricate a turbo into the sc300

because i will work at rev hard where the custom fabricates turbos in cars

What about Rev Hard? They are making an application for the SC? Get a "kit" or a set-up from an established company that gives a warranty. If you don't know how to install - you should pay someone who does. Learn as much as you can. Start in the faq.

Streetimports.com sells the 2jzgtte for $4495 , without trans, and turbos... you can get the whole swap done at turboimports.com in Austin or Powerhouseracing.com , but the swap is going to run you with labor anywhere from $9,500 up to $11,000.

My .02$ -

The 1jz is not supported in the states. It will be hard to get replacement parts, support and it will not pass emissions in Cali. It is a great motor and if that is what the enthusiast wants - by all means go for it. It will be expensive and difficult. More so than the 2jz-gte.

Best bang for the $ is to slap a turbo on a GE motor. This isn't the first time or the last time I will type this statement.

haha ill hit u up when im gonna get my car smogged and i might just do the swap for the 2jz-gte either that or turbo the engine but not sure howmuch it would be if i custom turbo it instead of kits cuz i heard most of the kits for the 2jz-ge is street illegal in cali :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a '96 SC300 auto. and I'm goin for the Turbo as well. The path I'm taking right now is this- search junkyards to find a Supra 2JZ GTE and buy the Turbo before it rotts out. Hey it's been done before and if you're lucky the junkyard you find the turbo at will be run by a woman who knows nothing about cars and will sell you the turbo for $50 because she doesn't know what it is- yeah, that's a true story.

I disagree, I know you can't just take the turbo and throw it under the hood and bam you've got a fully functional turbo workin for you. But to put it in is not a difficult task. First of all you bolt the turbo on and you've got most of the job done. A turbo from a 2JZ GTE can be put on GE. I mean I could be wrong, but it's been done before.