Low Hum From Engine/exhaust..

nsarin

Wondering if anyone knows of whether or not Lex purposely made the 01' ES slightly more 'noisy' than the 96' version? By noisy, I mean more of a throaty growl and hum during acceleration than the previous versions?

Someone told me once that the 01' model was designed with a slightly more 'sporty' nature in mind which meant a bit more engine growl than with previous versions...is this true?

If not, I suspect perhaps a slight leak somewhere beneath the exhaust near the flex pipe or closer to engine..

Thanks.

Get a motorvac.

It is probably a carbon problem causing more load on the engine.

I told of my cousin for months to get one to fix all of his simple issues.

After 2 days already the milage has dramatically improved and the neing is no longer an annoying sound as before which gave me a headache.

yeah my friends 97 camry was being a bit sluggish and his fuel economy was down almost 6 mpg.

i told him to get a motorvac too. after a motorvac and some techron, the car was back to normal. Musta been nasty carbon deposits i guess.

Here's just a thought- my 98 was making a deep growling sound during acceleration, and it ended up being that my air filter cover wasn't snapped on (the back 2 snaps) and sealed all the way. Just maybe something else you could check. Either way from what I understand a motorvac is a good thing to have done.