Pics Of The Sc400 I Got For $10k Us

Jeffo

Excellent condition too! (Autofax says no wrecks or anything else). I bought this yesterday from a dealer in Salt Lake City.

To fix list is:

Repaint spoiler

-Fix LED instrument pointers

-Find an SC400 emblem for the back. somone prised it off between the time I first saw it and when I bought it or maybe just shave that one.

-Get the dew drops out of the right headlamp housing

-Get 17" wheels and LP tires!!! :D

Get a large dia. exhaust system with just the right V8 rumble! :cheers:

post-16598-1111384886_thumb.jpg

Excellent condition too! (Autofax says no wrecks or anything else). I bought this yesterday from a dealer in Salt Lake City. 

To fix list is:

Repaint spoiler

-Fix LED instrument pointers

-Find an SC400 emblem for the back. somone prised it off between the time I first saw it and when I bought it or maybe just shave that one.

-Get the dew drops out of the right headlamp housing

-Get 17" wheels and LP tires!!! :D

Get a large dia. exhaust system with just the right V8 rumble!  :cheers:

GOOD LUCK with your new purchase

From your picture it looks like the car has wheels off an IS300 or GS300/400. These are not the 1995 SC400 wheels but a nice upgrade. Ch :cheers: eck to see if they are 16 or 17 inch wheels. I like Goodyear F1 GS D3 tires for the 16" stock wheels. Best tire I've ever owned.

Interesting about the wheels-- they are nice and I may keep them. Tire shops are recommending 18" wheels if I go bigger. They say I could go 19 or even 20, but might not enjoy the ride of the ultra-low profile tires I'd have to use.

The color of the car is actually a very dark green. Touch-up paint isn't available at Checker/Autozone/Pep boys. Will probably have to get it on the net or at a Lexus dealer. I think the code is 6e2 on the paint.

I've already had larger pipes (from the last cat rearward), stainless steel glass packs and nice tips put on the car. It sounds better to me!

I've had the instrument cluster apart, relamped it and replaced a couple of electrolytic capacitors that looked suspicious. I investigated the needle lighting, concluding that it can't be fixed without mods. I am going to try replacing the LED strips in the needles with "EL wire" and isolating the circuits to the needles so i can drive the EL wire inserts with the appropriate voltage. (I feel brave enough to try this after having been an instrument repairman and electronic technician for a long time). I'll post about this if is works. I suspect that Lextech probably uses EL wire for their fancy repairs and mods to the instrument cluster!

By the way-- I kind of enjoy telling people that the MSRP on my car was $50,000!