Sc400 Starter

I'm in a real hurry. Wish I could scan it for you. Maybe one of the other guys can help. The 1UZ starter is under the intake manifold on the top of the fly wheel. It is not easy to get at from what I hear.

I can post the schematic tonight if it is not up before then.

good luck.

Well I just took a look at it and I can't even see the damn starter...I was wondering if it's because of my starter that is causing my car not to start because it was working fine before and when I try to jump start it because of my battery was drain...and then all a sudden it stop clicking..do you think there's another reason why it's not starting?..PLEASE HELP..

Check for your batt if you have 12v. Also check the water in your batt if it is low top it off with water. Recharge the batt. Sometimes you will have to replace it. The starter located below the intake manifold. You have to drop the transmission bracket to get to it. The starter on the v8 tend to fail often. That is why they had a campaign back then. Test batt first though. No need to spend money on the starter if you don't need want.

JPI

Is it eazy to change the starter on this V8?....because I was thinking about doing myself and knowing more about my car...And you said I got to remove the transmission bracket to get to it right?...so I gotta work my way up to the starter....Is there like a manual on the web where I can look at and do it step-by-step?...thanks

There is nothing like that on the web that I know of. But there will be shortly. The factory service manuals are worth their weight in gold. I am trying to get some options together as far as methods to obtain the service manual but if you can't weight then contact the dealer for copies. They run about 200$ or so for two manuals. I'll show you the schematic of the 1uz-fe where the starter is. You have to remove the intake manifold to access it. Therefore, all intake ducting and fuel rail and injectors I'd imagine. It is removed from the top on the SC400 so don't worry about a tranny bracket.

1uzfetop.sized.gif

This is the layout for the top of the motor. These are all the items that need to come off. Click on the attatchment - it has the starter location circled and pointed out. I'd recommend having a mechanic do this unless you have lots of time and feel comfortable pulling your entire intake manifold. Various SC schematics can be located scattered through out the gallery located - HERE

post-3-1056521509.gif