Giving The 94ls A Rest

TexasLexus94

For the long summer season here in Las Vegas, I'm going to "park" my LS with 109,000 miles safely in my garage. I'm going to be traveling the southwest in another, newer car. I would like to keep the LS preserved as much as possible, as it is my pride and joy. I'll probably be able to drive it only every third or fourth week for 6-8 months or so.

Naturally, I'm worried about deterioration during this time. Especially mechanically. Vegas is a great place for an old car, since it's so dry, but there are probably some basic things I should do to it?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Three weeks should not affect it. Make sure when you drive it that the oil and engine come up to temperature to burn off h2O buildup. Two months or more you will need Jack stands, Disconnect the negative Battery terminal, crack the windows and fuel additive. Being in Nevada, you should have no problems.

Three weeks should not affect it. Make sure when you drive it that the oil and engine come up to temperature to burn off h2O buildup. Two months or more you will need Jack stands, Disconnect the negative Battery terminal, crack the windows and fuel additive. Being in Nevada, you should have no problems.

Run the air conditioner at least 5 minutes each time you drive it to preserve the life of the AC compressor and compressor seals. When you first turn on the AC system after a period of non-usage, do it only with the engine at idling speed.

Run the air conditioner at least 5 minutes each time you drive it to preserve the life of the AC compressor and compressor seals.  When you first turn on the AC system after a period of non-usage, do it only with the engine at idling speed.

Can you tell me why this would be? I had a broken evaporator before could this be the reason too?

Run the air conditioner at least 5 minutes each time you drive it to preserve the life of the AC compressor and compressor seals.  When you first turn on the AC system after a period of non-usage, do it only with the engine at idling speed.

Can you tell me why this would be? I had a broken evaporator before could this be the reason too?

Not running the A/C for long periods allows seals to dry out. Running the A/C lubricates the compressor and seals.

Considering the hot, dry summer, it's probably a good idea to put some dressing on all the door and window seals. That's a good practice to do once or twice a year anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I would also suggest not to leave too much gas in the tank and run the tank down to near empty at least once when driving it. Gas that sits too long becomes "stale". I don't think you'll need any stabilizer unless you are letting it sit for more than 6 weeks.