Lexus Es 300 Problems.

Hey again all!.

Well I have my 97 es for about 1 1/2yrs now. It currently has just under 70k.

I am beginning to notice some problems, or more accurately, sounds, that were never there.

Little Backround about the car and the addons it has.

Pioneer AVIC-N1 Navigational System

XM Sat Radio

Voice Recognition system for the AVIC

Pioneer W305cs x2 12in. Subs w/ ported box.

Memphis 1.2 FARAD Cap

2 20' Neons ,1 under glove box, other under steering wheel,drivers side. Attached by a switch.

Factory Speakers all around, factory subwoofer, obv. removed.

I have Silverstars all the way around

Spoiler w/ 18led Brake light.

Currently on order: Streetglow Gold Seriers Neon Underbody Kit.

I know what you all thinking, why would anyone do all this to an ES, my thinking behind it was a little sport to go with the luxury, as I am 17 and was not giving a choice of cars, I simply gave the $ to my parents and they spotted me about 2grand to get this car last year. Anyhow, its not flashy what you all might be thinking, I might have to post pics that way you all can see hwo clean it looks, lol.

Anyhow, reason I posted all the accessories that have been added, is because I believe their might be something wrong with the electrical system, although I am not a mechanic nor a expert So I figured I would post on here.

Also the engine is 100% stock, also the original battery, from 97 is in the car..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Problem: When the car is running, when I stop at a stoplight ect, and am at idle, or without my foot on the gas, there is a very annoying vibration that I can feel in the steering wheel and in the pedals. (I took it to my mechanic and he said it was def. coming from the engine and that I should put a fuel additive into the tank,b/c their might be water in the light, oxidation ect..)

I did that two days ago, and the vibration still continues, also it is not anything to do with the brakes, as I have to be at a complete stop. If I put the car in (N) the vibration lessons, put in back in gear and it grows... I think their is some type of load on the engine if you will.. If I have all the accessories off, say im driving ..no headlights,ac,radio, or neons, the vibration is MUCH less. As soon as I turn some of these things on, the vibration arises.

The reason I think their is some type of electrical system problem is, because the avic system monitors the voltage, and it drops to around 11.7-11.9 without my audio system being on, just the AC and headlights/foglights. If I turn the system on just a bit, the volts easily drop down to around 11.3-11.5 or lower, this is while the car is on. My mechanic said that is not a problem, long as when I start driving it comes back up, which it does to around 13.3-13.5.

Now the other thing I noticed is that, The power cap in my trunk reads a different voltage then my avic system does.. the cap in the back seems to be about .5 or .6 higher then what the dial on the avic system reads, at any given time. The cap, is hooked up directly to the battery with a inline 40amp fuse.

I have been trying to do some reasearch on what is causing this vibration, but I cant figure it out, nor am i able to tell if this voltage, or low voltage readings have anything to do with it. I hope that isnt took confusiong for all of you, I know its alot to read, but I appreaciate it very much ty.

Do you think I need a new battery? if so should I go w/ a deep cycle, such as a optima yellow top.. or a new alt.? Or is it something else and im totally off?

2nd Problem...

When i step outside the car, after say driving home form class, or just when I have been out. There is a noise coming from under the hood, it def seems to be the serpentine belt possibly, if I put some wd40 on it, it seems to lesson. Not sure how to describe the noise.... =/

Do I need a new belt possibly?

the gentleman I bought the car from only took the car to lexus dealerships for all the services, including oil changes and tire rotations, according to the service records. I dont see anywhere that it has been replaced, so I am assuming it has not. All of the other service was done, as far as I know.

60k service was done, but no mention of the timing belt, i think its called

Well Thanks guys,let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Heres some pics of my car..

post-8129-1110411262_thumb.jpgpost-8129-1110411345_thumb.jpgpost-8129-1110411513_thumb.jpg

If you can spray something on a belt and it stops then the belt is loose or worn.

BTW don;t spray wd40 on a rubber belt it will start to degrade it as it is petroleum based.

Second i would get a motorvac to clean the throttle system and others out as it is probably the reason for a bad idle ,you did not mention what rpm's the engine is running at but i am guessing it is below 800

I would say the idle is about 700 or so, on the rpm gauge you have the 0, of course and then the line above it which I believe is about 250 or so?

Then the next line, lower then the 1000 mark, I belive is about 750 correct? ...

My idle useually is below this line, as I can clearly see the whole line, while looking at the rpms this morning on my way to class.

Every once and a while, the rpms go far below that line,almost low enough to where the engine stalls, only has happened once or twice, maybe 3 times since I have had the car.

The car has a computer

fix it but don't butcher it by trying to change things to compensate for it needing servicing

very sweet looking ride.

can the :First Problem: When the car is running, when I stop at a stoplight ect, and am at idle, or without my foot on the gas, there is a very annoying vibration that I can feel in the steering wheel and in the pedals. (I took it to my mechanic and he said it was def. coming from the engine and that I should put a fuel additive into the tank,b/c their might be water in the light, oxidation ect..) "

be related to motor mounts?

when was the car last tuned up?