2005 Ls430 Navigation Icons

ranger2692

I took delivery on a 2005 LS430 about 3 weeks ago, and have checked high and low in the owners manual on how you "Remove" Icons in the Nav Display such as Gas Stations , ATMs etc?? I found an area in "Setup on the diaplay" which on page 3 shows "Change POI Icons" but when I click on it, it dosen't give optionm to remove only add!

Can Anyone give a step by step or page number in manual on how to do this??

I even tryed to do it thru the voice system and wound up putting more catagories on the display??

Thanks

Ben

I took delivery on a 2005 LS430 about 3 weeks ago, and have checked high and low in the owners manual on how you "Remove" Icons in the Nav Display such as Gas Stations , ATMs etc??  I found an area in "Setup on the diaplay" which on page 3 shows "Change POI Icons" but when I click on it, it dosen't give optionm to remove only add!

Can Anyone give a step by step or page number in manual on how to do this??

I even tryed to do it thru the voice system and wound up putting more catagories on the display??

Thanks

Ben

If you hit "POI" on the base of the screen while its in map mode you can activate and deactivate the POI icons.

Ranger2692  9 mar 05 14:00 hrs

Wouldn't that option (POI = OFF) turn off all Icons?? If so, what I am actually trying to do is remove certain Icons from the screen that are currently showing"

It seems that it has to be done through Menu, then Setup, and then the area that says "Show POI Icons" but when I press Change I don't see option to REMOVE" Any suggestions???

Thanks for your reply.

Ben

If you hit "POI" on the base of the screen while its in map mode you can activate and deactivate the POI icons.

Wouldn't that option (POI = OFF) turn off all Icons?? If so, what I am actually trying to do is remove certain Icons from the screen that are currently showing"

It seems that it has to be done through Menu, then Setup, and then the area that says "Show POI Icons" but when I press Change I don't see option to REMOVE" Any suggestions???

Thanks for your reply.

Ben

Thanks for your reply.

Ben

If I understand you correctly, you want to remove (for instance) some but not all icons, like some gas stations: if so, you can't do it; you can however, zoom in and get only icons for that map area.

leot