94 Ls May Be For Sale

Just when I was thinking about selling my 94 LS with 117k and upgrading, I had to dump almost 3k in repairs. The ABS actuator pump (part alone was $1988) and at the same time, the infamous power steering pump was beginning to leak...OUCH! Should have the car back today or tomorrow. Just wondering if everyone thinks I should sell and upgrade or keep her? I have meticulously maintained her at the dealer and keep reading about folks turning 200k+ miles.

Anyone looking for a 94 LS, I could be convinced :)

Black jade with tan interior

Gold Package

new tires

all maintenance completed and more...

Just when I was thinking about selling my 94 LS with 117k and upgrading, I had to dump almost 3k in repairs.  The ABS actuator pump (part alone was $1988) and at the same time, the infamous power steering pump was beginning to leak...OUCH!  Should have the car back today or tomorrow.  Just wondering if everyone thinks I should sell and upgrade or keep her?  I have meticulously maintained her at the dealer and keep reading about folks turning 200k+ miles.

Gold Package

new tires

How much are you looking to get ? Post pix please.

Not sure on price but somewhere in the range of 8500-9500k. I'll try and post some pics later this week.

Just when I was thinking about selling my 94 LS with 117k and upgrading, I had to dump almost 3k in repairs.  The ABS actuator pump (part alone was $1988) and at the same time, the infamous power steering pump was beginning to leak...OUCH!  Should have the car back today or tomorrow.  Just wondering if everyone thinks I should sell and upgrade or keep her?  I have meticulously maintained her at the dealer and keep reading about folks turning 200k+ miles.

Gold Package

new tires

There are inexpensive work arounds for most problems. You could have gotten a used ABS actuator cheap from TAP Recycling. You could have cleaned the two filters in the PS system and installed a new $80 air valve to alleviate leaks. Or if the pump itself was leaking either buy and install a $21. power steering reseal kit or buy and install a new $120 rebuilt PS pump from Autozone

It is always cheaper to fix an older Lexus than to buy a newer one (if the older one was purchased new or near new and reasonably maintained over the years as yours was)

I wish I was more mechanically inclined to perform all these repairs as described which would have saved me a bundle. I knew that some of the repairs could have been fixed more cheaply; however, not being able to do it myself and not being aware of a good lexus mechanic in the twin cities area other than the dealer pushed me over the edge :cries:

Not sure on price but somewhere in the range of 8500-9500k.  I'll try and post some pics later this week.

Gold Package

new tires