Looking For Some Used 17" Rims

post-14667-1110260226_thumb.jpgI'm within an inch of ordering TRD 17x8's -Lexus L-Tuned SuperTurismos +50mm offset, which to me look a lot like Bimmer wheels, but thought I would check with you gentlemen and ladies for anything used with which you'd like to part. I attached the picture of the rim which I really like and think it will work well for the GS300 since it is Toyota designed for high speed. I don't trust just any old after market wheel maker since I've read a lot of stories about balancing problems with wheel and tire combo's. BTW, I'm going to put some 235 50V 17's on to replace the soft 215 60H 16's that are now on the car. Think I'll notice a significant improvement in handling and change in ride? I hope so! If you have some 17's you can also email me at cmerlin2@yahoo.com. I hope this post is ok -I haven't done this much. Peace, and BTW again, next week I'm going to KC to TD the new GS and hopefully the new IS as well. They both are getting me excited!

I am looking at these same wheels and asking the same questions. I have found them on ebay for a lot less money than the dealer here in Austin is willing to sell them for. The ebay site that is selling these wheels is a Lexus dealer in Dallas.

What I really want are the 7 spoke, chrome, 17' wheels that are on the 430 - the dealer here wants $700 per wheel (OUCH). I have been looking on ebay and searching salvage yards trying ot find some cheaper than that.

Good luck if you buy these wheels - I may be following soon.

GS-SportDesign

Chrome for $700/wheel? Whew! That is total craziness. I'm working with a ebay (probably the same one where you got the good price quots) dealer in Dallas and they are very reasonable. I'll have some chrome five spoke 16's for sale soon that are like new -literally. With the Chrome spare too.

Here is a picture of my old 17 inch Lexus rims on my 00' GS300, they had Wynstar/Exocet 235/45ZR17's on them when I bought it. The tires didnt produce a lot of road noise and handled good too. I have no complaints with them. I didnt use them in the winter though, I have another set of wheels and tire for the winter. Never heard of them before, but they looked good and arent very expensive.

post-11139-1110383419_thumb.jpg

post-11139-1110383449_thumb.jpg