How's The Price On This 93 Sound?

cyphatic

I'm tempted to make a loan, of course after checking it out, but there's a 93 LS400 listed about 50 miles away, short listing though:

"LS400 1993, only 58k mi, silver, black leather, perfect cond. $10,499"

KBB says $9000 in excellent condition, but I'm thinking about the premium for silver and black. What is the fair price on this automobile if everything is in working order?

-Cyphatic

IF it is in absolutely perfect working order/condition and it is indeed 58K actual miles, offer them $8000-$9000 for it.

I went to Edmunds and it shows the private party value at $8487, with the sunroof and CD player option. Not sure of any options it may have, but thought these were probably the most typical, so I put those in. I would offer $8000 initially- then offer $8500-9000 if they make a fuss- depending upon how bad you want the car.

Good luck.

I'm tempted to make a loan, of course after checking it out, but there's a 93 LS400 listed about 50 miles away, short listing though:

"LS400 1993, only 58k mi, silver, black leather, perfect cond. $10,499"

KBB says $9000 in excellent condition, but I'm thinking about the premium for silver and black.  What is the fair price on this automobile if everything is in working order?

-Cyphatic

Don't forget about the 60K service right around the bend. There are PLENTY of really nice LS400 cars out there. I would recommend getting a 95 or newer car with a few more miles on it for the same price.

There are a ton on really nice 95+ LS400 cars out there to fit your budget. Maintenance history is more important than actual mileage, in my opinion.

Good luck,

George