Can You Remove The Differential W/o The Trans ?

You have to remove as a unit, they are both attached together.

they are bolted together, but the case doesnt make them all one unit. to get one out unfortunately you have to remove both at the same time. so to replace one, both have to be removed.

I didn't say it was one unit, but that it has to be removed as a unit because they are attached.

i know, i was simply adding to your post. actually, i didnt even mean to quote you...it does that automatically...

and SK, i clearly still have a bit to learn...i have never seen a transaxle that the differential housing couldnt unbolt from, mine included, so i presumed it could be unbolted once out...

my mistake. :)

i know, i was simply adding to your post.  actually, i didnt even mean to quote you...it does that automatically...

Army, it does not do it automatically. You are hitting the wrong reply button.

If you hit the "Reply button directly below the post box it will set you up with the quote in your reply.

If you hit the Add Reply box a little further down, then you can post without having anyone quoted in your post.

steviej

i know, i was simply adding to your post.  actually, i didnt even mean to quote you...it does that automatically...

Army, it does not do it automatically. You are hitting the wrong reply button.

If you hit the "Reply button directly below the post box it will set you up with the quote in your reply.

If you hit the Add Reply box a little further down, then you can post without having anyone quoted in your post.

steviej

ahh, see, yet another thing i have learned LOL. sorry guys :D