Cleaning Roof Liner

Scott Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

I need to clean the sun visors and roof of my sc300 should I use a rug shamp or what?

Does anyone know what you should you use and is there a technique for doing it with out damaging the fabric or making the liner sag ?

thanks

Scott

a standard rug cleaner will work, but an auto upholstery product will work even better. should be available at autozone, or even wal mart, but the best thing you can do is steam clean. use steam cleaning on the headliner with care though as it may undo the glue.

I've used a steam cleaner before on cars other than my Lexus, and, as it turns out, have been very lucky that the whole liner didn't sag and go to hell. This was before I knew any better. Maybe the pros can do it and get away with it, but for us amateurs...

I recently did mine with a Woolite product called Oxy Deep that is actually made for carpets (there are other "oxy" products available - I just knew and trusted Woolite). I sprayed it on, let it sit for a few minutes, gently wiped it with a damp sponge, and vacuumed it when it was dry. Came out clean and smelling fresh, with no damage.