Woofer Size?

In case you haven't had a chance to just measure the thing, I will offer up that the 91 LS400 comes with an 8" woofer (center of rear deck), although it can be replaced with a 10" without modification.

In case you haven't had a chance to just measure the thing, I will offer up that the 91 LS400 comes with an 8" woofer (center of rear deck), although it can be replaced with a 10" without modification.

Thanks Shaggz,

Measuring it was my first thought, however I wasn't sure what to measure - the casing or the actual speaker itself. I have never bought a subwoofer, ever.

Called Crutchfield, they had no listing for ES300 - that is unbelievable.

In the past, they have been an excellent company to do business with.

I have some LS400's And I would definetly like to put a 10" instead of the stock 8" sub. Any particular brand? I know I tried to put a ten but it looked like I would have to cut a bit. Maybe the frame on the sub I tried was to Big. Did you add a spacer?

Tote

:blushing:

Sorry folks, I was mistaken...it was actually the 8" that I used as a replacement. I found the original box from the subwoofer I bought and now I remember the whole story...it was a couple years back.

The audio shop guy tried to tell me it would take a 10", so I bought the thing and wasn't able to fit it without serious modification. I took it back and got the 8" and it fit like a glove. The screw holes aren't an excact match, but you should be able to find a kit to mount it securely. I cut the OEM harness and wired it up and it sounded awesome! :D

Once I saw that the existing screw holes weren't going to work, I decided to take the car to the audio shop and let them mount it securely for a small charge. One thing led to another and I never made it back to the shop. That said, it's been over 2 years and the replacement sub STILL has not been "securely mounted". That's how snug it fits, and it still sounds as good as the day I installed it. :o

Now, I don't recommend this solution, but it seems to have worked for me. I've also been told that vibration around the speaker can cause speaker damage (as well as poor quality sound), but I've not experienced any problems whatsoever, that I can hear at least. Maybe one day I'll get the thing properly mounted, but I'm not in any hurry.

Subwoofer details

Kicker CompVR ($50-$70)

8"

4ohm

DVC Subwoofer

Max Amp Power (watts): 200

Sensitivity (db1w/1m): 83

Frequency Response (Hz): 30-500

Mounting Depth (in., mm): 3-15/16, 100.1

Mounting Hole Diameter (in., mm): 7, 177.8

Item# 01C8VR4

Thanks to jadecuir for triggering my memory :cheers: