Engine Has Knock After Changing Plug Wires

lexus082

I recently replaced my spark plugs and wires on my sc400 and had everything back together and when I went to start it up the check engine light came on and the engine had a steady tink, tink or knocking sound. Engine was running fine before installation of new plugs and wires. Is this because I reconnected the plug wires incorrectly? Is there anyway to double check myself? Also, is it safe to drive for a short 20 minute trip with it misfiring say to the dealership? Any help would be appreciated. Or does anyone have the number sequence of the plug wires since they are marked corresponding to the correct cylinder from the distributor cap? Thanks

Maybe this will help. I just adjusted my valves and replaced the plugs and wires and had not problems.

Thanks for the diagram. Took car to dealership and they found that a plu wire was incorrectly routed and was interfering w/ the cam sensor. I guess make sure you re-route plug wires properly or pay $185 at the dealership to fix. Thanks for everyones input.